Will my Duncans attach itself?

mattyp75

I got a frag with 2 heads a while back and superglued it to a rock and it's been very happy. There are a dozen heads and the original plug it came stuck to is completely covered by green skin. Yesterday, I was dismayed to see it lying on it's side. The glue came loose. It does appear that the green skin has almost enveloped the whole original plug (everywhere but the glue dot). So my questions are these... If I just find a good spot to wedge it back in place is it going to hurt anything?(when I say wedge, I mean firmly, there be urchins about) If yes to the first question, then will it attach and encrust? And finally, if I do glue it, will the glue hurt it? I've glued all sorts of frags but I've always had plenty of surface area that wasn't coral to work with.

mrdc

My duncan heads are all attached to a stalk and the stalk wasn't attached to anything. Bob, have you ever fragged your duncan?

mattyp75

It's skin is definitely spreading over the plug it came on. I think that's actually what popped it loose. The skin ends where the superglue begins. So, I'll put it back where it was happy and hope it grabs on. I also found some info doing the google that said it would.

btldreef

I have two sets of duncans. One is attached to the rock it's wedged in, but it look a good year and a half to do so. I still think if I really tugged it would come off without much damage, but it's definitely attached. The other one is not attached at all.

speg

do you guys like these coral? I have a chance at getting a couple heads for pretty cheap and was wondering if they're cool.

btldreef

Originally Posted by Speg
http:///forum/post/3251771
do you guys like these coral? I have a chance at getting a couple heads for pretty cheap and was wondering if they're cool.
One of my favorite corals. They'll grow quickly if you feed them. Very easy to care for and everyone always likes the way they look when they come over to see the tank.

mrdc

I hope my LFS gets another one in of a different color because I would buy it. I would like to know what colors they can come in.

speg

Originally Posted by mrdc
http:///forum/post/3251968
I hope my LFS gets another one in of a different color because I would buy it. I would like to know what colors they can come in.
I have actually noticed that as well.. The one in your avatar pic is a duncan right (mrdc)? That looks like the kind that is available to me... are the other types (like the ones on this site) nice or nicer? What should I get?

mrdc

Originally Posted by Speg
http:///forum/post/3252074
I have actually noticed that as well.. The one in your avatar pic is a duncan right (mrdc)? That looks like the kind that is available to me... are the other types (like the ones on this site) nice or nicer? What should I get?
Yes my avatar is the one that I have. I have seen pics of some that have purplish tentacles which is one I would like to find. Here is abtter pic of mine. I alos gope my LFS gets a purple one because they sold me this one for $85 and it cames with 13+ heads which seems cheap compared to what I see online.

quaffin1

We love ours, Mine also grows on individual stalks. I started with about 4 heads and now have about 12.
These guys are very expensive around where I live. Averaging $20 per head. If you find them at a good deal,
you should jump on it.

speg

Ordered one today and getting the second one next week. Got one head on swf.com for 16.99. Looks pretty.