will my lighting support an anemone????????

brad pitt

i have 24 watt- 50/50 Dual spectrum bulb
and on the box it says it is 3x brighter than traditional fluorescent lighting

05xrunner

not even close..only anemone you could keep with that are aptasia. I dont even know if you could keep zoa's or mushrooms with that tiny bit of light

brad pitt

but sometimes when i go to ***** they have some anemones that are in small tanks with much less light than what i have.

L

lsu

They are only in those tanks for a small amount of time. So light and tank size are not an issue, they could not survive long term in those tanks.

brad pitt

oh wait! no i read the manual.
in the manual it says it has (2)36 watt CF 50/50 Lamps
and (2)Nte-Vu LED Moorlights
and what is a Ventilated Reflector? it has that too.
so should i believe what the box says? or the manual?

how big s your tank? lighting depends on depth and lighting type. also, most anemones need a mature (at least six months old) tank of at least 30 gallons

slpcamaro

From what I've heard you need the t-5 not trying to jack your thread but been trying to get some response to this. What do you think of this in the 72" for a 180 gal 6ftx2ftx2ft.
*Link Removed*

When it's small you can keep it under PC lighting and in small tanks, but long-term you need a 28g+ with Metal Halide lighting or it won't be healthy and most likely die eventually.

05xrunner

yea a MH ficture or a good T5HO fixture are the only things really that are going to keep an anemone healthy

zain

I had a purple tip anemone in my 72 bow front tank I used 2x65w 50/50 CF he was in there for 2 years. Then I gave it to my uncle.