Will small false percs pair up?

jeo

I was wondering if 2 small (1-2 inch) false percs would pair up if I bought them and introduced them to my tank at the same time. thanks for the help :cool:

A

angelofdeath132

i believe they will. but don't quote me on that.

twoods71

It would be hard to give a 100% yes answer to your question but I can tell you the smaller they are the better the odds of them pairing up.
Mine were about 2 inches and there was some pretty heavy fighting at first but now they get along fine and hang out together like best friends.

clown

clownfish, when young, are sexually indifferent and they will pair up and cahnge due to social conditions in the wild and aquaria. when buying try to get one clown slightly larger, this one will become more agressive and become the female. the smaller will become the male. They will pair up as long as you buy only 2, 3's a crowd. ;)

S

sinner's girl

I have a 'pair' of clowns in my tank one is alot older than the other. Its been awhile and I dont think that couple is ever gonna be a pair. The older one is just to dang mean.
Sinner

stupid_naso

It's 50/50 chance. If they become a pair then one will grow bigger than the other, but if they don't, they'll stay the same size and basically won't get along.
I tried to do this but both of them died because of not eating. Even until the end of their days, they still fight.
The chance is pretty good, considering you are getting them as juveniles. So instead of 50/50, it's probably more like 60/40 successful :D .
stupid_naso

jeo

thanks for the advice guys. So the final consensus is that I should get them as small as possible with one somewhat bigger than the other right?

jason weber

i had a small false percula for about three months then added significantly larger one and never had any problems with them pairing up they got along great from the first second.

clown

a good size for juvenile clownfish is 3/4" tank-raised and 1" from the wild. and, yes, do get one slightly bigger if possible. ;)