will someone please help me

i have a 30 long with a marineland hot mangum 30, 1140 marineland powerhead ,11k power-glo, coralife 50/50, 50or55lbs of lr dsb
my ? is will that setup be ok for a blue carpet,frogspawn,shrooms,hammer,open brain,bubble tip,and a condi.
or do i need something please give any advice

kijak

all you can do it try to give your animals the best care you can. I think I would go with more light, at least PC's.

keitho

i don't think powercompacts would be adequate for the anemones. anemones need intense light and since you didn't give wattages, i would suspect that the proposed lighting scheme just won't do. i've seen pictures of anemones under PC/VHO compared to metal halide, and the differences are astounding. PC/VHO lighting may be enough for the animals to "hang on", but they truly thrive under the halides. also, carpet anemones are at best tricky to keep anyway. the corals may be fine under the proposed lighting, but stay away from the anemones.

ren

a 30 long is fairly shallow right? that makes the lighting pretty easy. Figure at least 2 55W pc's. Appearance depends on your taste but most likely 1 50/50 and 1 actinic. This should give the spectrum needed for the corals. If you could fit 3 and have the budget I'd say then 3 55W pc's - 2 50/50 and 1 actinic. Think that comes out to around 5.5W per gl for the rule of thumb but being shallow (about 1 foot i think?) you might be able to house clams too.
Anyone else on this?

frankl15207

What you need to do i check the lighting, space and water movement requirements of each of these species first, along with compatibility. One of the reasons you are not getting a reply is that someone else needs to do that for you in order to reply to begin with. The weakest part of this hobby is one's reluctant to read before doing.
If you've done that, then be specific as to what your concerns are within your choices and let someone who has been there help you through that part of it.
As for the lighting, two 55 watt PCs will provide you with just under 4 watts per gallon. Although I have never used a nanometer on them, I have read that the 55 watt PCs with a 10k light spectrum emit the equivalent of 95 watts of standard lighting. If that is the case, two should be good to start with. Place your corals based on light needs (Higher needs = higher in the tank), but be prepared to add an additional light if necessary (Pay attention to the animals and how they react - they will answer the question better than anyone else can).