Will This Set Up Work ?

barrera23

I just bought a 125G tank and have a Antanatta Lion and a Picasso TRigger (HUMA HUMA). I know thet lion and trigger usually be a bad match but they seem to get along. I would like to ad a Dog Face Puffer and maybe a CLown Trigger.....do you thihk this would work?:confused:

grouperhead

Lions don't mix too well with triggers/puffers usually. Those fins are prime for picking. Triggers and puffers have their problems together as well. If you would like a trigger and a lion, this is what I'd do in the 125. Niger/bluejaw/pinktail trigger, the lionfish, an eel, and either a harlequin tusk, grouper, or both. What kinda filtration are you running? How much lr? Bo

barrera23

the tank came with two penguin bio wheel 330's and two penguin power sponge filters (170 gph). I dont know if i will use live rock but if i do i will use mostley base rock and cover the outside with lr. I am still open to changing my setup due to my tank still being in its shipping crate. As i said before I have a Huma Huma with the Antannata right now and they seem to have no problems (60 g tank).
Just a question I thought id ask for a friend of mine that is curious......What would be the ideal setting for a clown trigger in a 100 tank?

grouperhead

If the humu and antenna get along, great. But keep a close eye on the humu. I'd add an eel (you have a lot of choices), and a grouper (miniatus, blueline, bluedot), and maybe a harlequin tusk. A clown trigger will eventually outgrow a 100g tank. They are best kept with other large triggers, eels, and groupers. They sometimes do well with large angels too, but I don't reccomend the mix. Bo