Will this torch make it?

fishwater

I got this torch frag for free. It has been in my tank for a week. The place I got it from said the skeleton had been cracked. Do you think there is any chance it will survive. It looks ok, the tentacles that are on it are inflated. Is there anything I can do to give it a better chance. Thanks

team2jndd

lol it doesnt matter if the skeleton is cracked. Depending on how deep the crack is, it may just end up being two heads. Looks pretty healthy to me. If the tentacles stay inflated you are fine.

krazekajin

sounds like you are doing good so far. Sometimes a brown jelly infection can set in and kill the whole thing, but as long as the tenticles are extending I would say it is doing good. let it be a place where you can see the tenticles gently waving, but not in an extreme high flow area.

krazekajin

Not really, I have a hammer coral which is in the same family and I just feed my tank and give it good lighting. They are predominently light

E

essop3

It's in rough shape but it can pull through. I have a hammer that was damaged in shipping. It was down to 1 hammer. Not one head, one hammer. In a year it has rebounded and has split into 5 or 6 heads.

team2jndd

Keep it out of high flow. If theres anyway to make sure that it cant be knocked off its rock by other fish or hermits thats better. I had a few bubble coral frags that size and had issues keeping them in place.