Will this work??

pfitz44

Thinking of setting up an aggressive tank in a year or so... so pleant of time to research...
lookin for a 125. Fish would be:
V. Lion
P. Grouper
P. Puffer
SFE
Any problems with that list in that size tank??

rev_toni

Personally, I would suggest that if you want a panther grouper you should look into a much larger tank...say at least a 250. I am under the impression that they grow to be about 18-20 inches...

I have a miniatus grouper and lion and they get along great. As far as the tank size it would be fine for several years, just plan on a bigger one down the road.

xtech

Originally Posted by michelle9491
I have a miniatus grouper and lion and they get along great. As far as the tank size it would be fine for several years, just plan on a bigger one down the road.
i agree...
i currently have a v.lion,stars and stripes puffer(14") a small naso ,as well as a clown grouper all in a 180...they all get along great

lion_crazz

Yeah, I would knock off the panther and choose a different grouper. I know they are tempting when they are small because they are so nice looking. I almost bought one for my 210 but then reality kicked in and I reassured myself they got too big and I would never keep the tank clean enough to keep one.

pfitz44

What size tank would you recomend for that size tank??? Grouper can go... the puffer and lion is the must have...

lion_crazz

Puffer and lion will probably be fine. How about a marine betta? They are my favorite grouper by far.

pfitz44

That would be perfect!!! Didnt even tink of them... would they go fine with those inhabs??

lion_crazz

What other species did you have in mind?
My favorite eel is the green wolf eel, who is not really even an eel at all. I think they are just one of the coolest "eels" though. And it's interesting because they are a part of the dottyback family.

pfitz44

YEa.. actually that what i was thinking about...i recently read an article about them as well... sounds lik ehte same one you read!! lol.... would those two work together???
What about some of the smaller moray eels???

lion_crazz

What type of moray did you have in mind?
I don't know about any article, but I have dealt with many green wolfs and they are very interesting specimens. The green wolf would be fine with a marine betta.

pfitz44

i was more interested in the GWE and the SFE.. will they be ok together, or should i stick with 1??

lion_crazz

I would just stick with the one. You might get away with 2, but after a while, I think they would start to be territorial with each other.

unleashed

Originally Posted by PFitz44
Thinking of setting up an aggressive tank in a year or so... so pleant of time to research...
lookin for a 125. Fish would be:
V. Lion
P. Grouper
P. Puffer
SFE
Any problems with that list in that size tank??
I have all 3 of those fish and a few more in my 125 they all fine together my grouper is almost if not already a ft long if your 125 is a 6 ft tank they will be fine for a quite a while.
my agressive fish list in my 125 is as followed.
panther grouper(12 in )
large vol lion (12 in)
large silver scat(9 in )
black moray (20+in)
spiney boxfish puffer(6 in )
bi colored foxface (5 inch)
lunear wrasse (7-8 in )
they have plenty of space i do 25% water changes weekly
cc substrate 2 inches deep
roughly 100 lbs of LR

unleashed

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
What other species did you have in mind?
My favorite eel is the green wolf eel, who is not really even an eel at all. I think they are just one of the coolest "eels" though. And it's interesting because they are a part of the dottyback family.
sorry to bump in on this one lion but the green wolf eel is a member of the blenny family although listed under pseudochromis is concidered a species of its own.but very cool fish it is much more active than an eel.

unleashed

same differnce basicly as you stated related to dotty back but is more of the blenny.but in marine guides it is stated is not accually of either of family but may be listed under both.its kinda weird how they do it but either way i agree its a cool fish.