Willie's Reef Tank

anonome

First off, great tank. Second, the picture of the toadstool it has long tentacles. What is the name of that particlular one because I really want one, but I can only find the small tentacle versions. Is it the same type with different water quality or is there a special name for it?

junkiebeas

The toadstooll is nothing especial i think is the water quality. When ever he's not himself something is wrong whit the tank. Filtration Wet & Dry and ecosistem.

jhebi

Dammmm...that's a big mushroon.....What lights you have, great tank, and very healthy corals I might say....

connor

OMG those tangs in there will all get very stressed out get ich and die living in such a small tank, the sailfin tang needs a 125 gallon MIN. and the blue needs a min of 100 galons. and the yellow needs a 100 min too

Please get your fish a bigger tank

symon

Originally Posted by connor
OMG those tangs in there will all get very stressed out get ich and die living in such a small tank, the sailfin tang needs a 125 gallon MIN. and the blue needs a min of 100 galons. and the yellow needs a 100 min too

Please get your fish a bigger tank

Why do people always have to go to the negative! I am sure you know those fish will need a new home real soon!
Awsome tank!
what kind of suppliments are you using to get your corals to grow like that?

reefdude37

Wait Junkiebeas, didnt you have a 55 gallon with all those tangs, what happend the the 55? The 30 is very nice though

connor

Originally Posted by Symon
Why do people always have to go to the negative! I am sure you know those fish will need a new home real soon!
Awsome tank!
what kind of suppliments are you using to get your corals to grow like that?
im not sure why you thinks its negative to warn him of what will happen i said it beacouse he has a beauyiful tank and would hate to see it wiped out by ich. oh and how are you so sure he knows that they need a bigger tank

nm reef

I'm old and cranky....and I've got to point this out....
It is true that tangs need room to roam and often times they are kept in systems too small to meet their requirements.
It is also true that forum members that often jump to conclussions and tend to be overly negative and critical may be better served locating other places to preach their views.
There are choices to make in regard to keeping tangs in some situations and there may also possibly be choices to make in regard to posting privilages under some circumstances. Be nice to your tangs and be nice to your fellow members or be removed to greener pastures.
Now.....the photos look nice...appears to be a well estabished and maintained system.