Willing to Host...

jacklax

Ok...so my GSM clowns quit fanning the aiptasia (soon to be hit with Joe's Juice) and have moved on to bigger and better things. They are now hosting my Xenia. It's a riot to watch...the female just dives in and rolls around. She gets the Xenia pulsing around her head like a huge boa...and the Xenia doesn't seem to mind.
Now...do I have 2 clowns that are trying to tell me something? Are they trying to fill a void in their lives...am I depriving them...are they going to be emotionally scarred? I have 322 watts (2 x 96 & 2 x 65) of pc lighting on a tall 75 gal tank...so it's 36 inches wide. Could I keep a bubble tip up high on the rocks? Would a frogspawn or other coral be an option? Thanks in advance!

saltn00b

heya there are some anenomes that can survive without MH lights. i have similar wattage 6' VHOs and i have a BTA, a LTA and 2 pink tipped hatians.
my GSM found the BTA 2-3 days after dropping it in.
this guy used to host feather dusters in my old 75g lol he was so confused, but no looks so happy in the BTA like he finally realized what hes been missing! now he rushes anyone that comes close to HIS house! lol mean

[hr]

jacklax

Thanks saltn00b! I'm really leaning towards the Frogspawn, and have heard it to be a coral open to hosting. I get the impression that it may be a litle easier to take care of...when compared to an anemone that is. For the record...my GSM has staked claim to everything in the tank. She is constantly nailing my hand if I stick it in there.
By the way...I saw the Garnet & Gold on your tag. Did you go to FSU?

saltn00b

Originally Posted by Jacklax
By the way...I saw the Garnet & Gold on your tag. Did you go to FSU?

you know it!
lets do the chop!

yea i am having lots of trouble with anenomes in my trial period right now, especially with the long tentacle Condy's. they never go where they are told! its like they have a death wish and try to pull them selves into the deepest darkest cave they can find!

jacklax

Awesome! I graduated in 95...forget I said that...seems like a loooooong time ago. Those were some good times!
Hmmmm...sounds like you have your hands full. I'm a little nervous when it comes to an anemone. My soft corals are taking off like crazy right now...so, I figure that's a good sign. Try using a staple gun...that condy sould sit tight. It works well with kids and Lab puppies as well...joking.

saltn00b

hmm i thought staple guns are only for attaching mini - antlers to mice skulls during the holiday season?
lol class of '03 - and i cant remember much either !!!!!

jacklax

03...now that was a good year!
Hmmm...antlers on mice...forgot about that one. That approach should work for antlers on the lab pup as well.

saltn00b

my freshmen year was '99 - championship and #1 party school - people tell me that was a good one, too. :)

jacklax

Saltn00b...my bad. The ADD kicked in...for some reason I was thinking 93 even though I read and typed 03. 93 was agreat year...I think we still had Rix in 03, that's a different story. ;o)
I was reading last night that condys like to move...quite a bit in fact. It may take that condy of yours some time to find a home.

jacklax

Yeah...I saw those yesterday. VERY nice job! My step son did a number on the front of my aquarium with the mag float and a few pieces of sand, so pictures aren't much of an option at this point. Wait a minute...I just found another use for that staple gun...keeping his hands in his pockets!