windows 7

cranberry

I actually like vista.... I know I'm one of the few. I was thinking about upgrading myself to 7 if there would be some cool gadgets or better file management. I like looking through my photo files in vista.

flower

Originally Posted by Katsafados
http:///forum/post/3162662
How did you get the free upgrade? I'm using vista also. Is there a site or soemthin that gives all vista users the upgrade?

...All the new PCs come with windows 7 now, I just purchased a new computer...It has the latest version of vista on it, and offers for a short time a download to upgrade for free to windows 7. So it is an offer for new PCs.
This version of vista is working great, and all my programs are doing good...I think I will just enjoy a working PC, and not mess with something that isn't broken. I like vista just fine, I never had any problems except outdated programs, and most of them had upgrades for vista available for download.
Sorry to hear you are having such a problem Joe. I hope you backed up your default system that came originally with your computer...just in case.
P.S.
Cranberry...better gadgets and file management was exactly the questions why I pondered an upgrade...but nobody seems able to tell me the difference. I don't want to lose what I already have and like.

jdl

Originally Posted by Flower
http:///forum/post/3163490

P.S.
Cranberry...better gadgets and file management was exactly the questions why I pondered an upgrade...but nobody seems able to tell me the difference. I don't want to lose what I already have and like.
gadgets work the same as in vista, so any gadget you have will still work. Any new ones created will work fine in vista as well.
file management is much better, especially with networked computers. Vista networking was a nightmare. With 7, sharing files is so easy and secure.

rlablan

lOl I just said that most businesses run pcs because they're cheaper. And I am not taking about hardware... It's really a software thing, and though I am making this worse, I do think that apple hardware is much much nicer than any Dell, that Is a different story.
I am certainly not trying to covert anyone. It is your money but no one argued the point that I made about "if it doesn't work well, why keep buying it?" that is why I ultimately left.
I never said anyone was poor in the financial sense or the pitiful sense. Lol you said it, not me.... But if that's how you feel... BUY A MAC!! hehe jk but... If you like your software and like worries... Go for it. Like said... Invest in a back up. It's nice
and yes they may have Indians working CS but I don't have to call anyone. A- my mac works great so no need, and B I don't live in the boone docks so I have 4 mac stores with real live English speaking Americans that I can call or make a same day appointment with very easily. I will never ever ever had to worry about tAlking to someone with a thick accent who can't understand me and transfer me to the wrong service person multiple times.

cranberry

Originally Posted by JDL
http:///forum/post/3163520
gadgets work the same as in vista, so any gadget you have will still work. Any new ones created will work fine in vista as well.
file management is much better, especially with networked computers. Vista networking was a nightmare. With 7, sharing files is so easy and secure.
That does sound like something I would be interested in. I'll have to do some more reading. I'll have to look around for some screen shots.

aquaknight

Just thought to bump this to share,
for any college students, with a valid school email, you can upgrade to W7 for $30...