Wisconsinites?

ckjess19

I saw someone else asking around for people in the area. Is there anyone here from Wisconsin that knows of a good LFS in the waukesha area?

monalisa

Originally Posted by Chellie4u2
Im going to be moving to the Beaver Dam are in about two weeks any one know a good LFS there???
You're moving to Beaver Shucks???? That's where I live!! Animart, both in the Beave and in Madison. The one in Madison usually has tons of cool corals, but they just moved and haven't had a chance to set up the coral tank yet. They'll order anything you want in either store.
Sorry, I don't know much about the Waukesha area though. It seems to me that someone on this board is from that area. Maybe they'll get on this thread to help you out.
Lisa :happyfish

jdog5578

Hello Wisco,
I live in Oconomowoc and we have a new fish store (new ownership at least) It is called Aquatic World. Located off of HWY 16 on Brown Street. It is starting to get pretty decent, I got a gorgeous flame Angel for $45 last Friday.... Also the place in downtown Waukesha is OK, kinda spendy though.... I think the best place in the area is Aqua Exhibits, that is located off of Water Street in Milwaukee...
With all this Wisco in the area we should think about doing a group order from here to save on shipping. I need a cleanup crew.
Jeremy

fishmanwi

its good to see wisconsinites i thought i was the only one. i need my tank to chill before i can order anything. ph is off the charts,also got lots of brown alge.

monalisa

There's also Hoffer's Tropic Life on 76th street in Milwaukee. I've been there a couple of times, and their livestock has always been very healthy and the staff are very knowledgeable. I try to plan a whole day when heading there...lots to look at

jdog5578

Originally Posted by MonaLisa
There's also Hoffer's Tropic Life on 76th street in Milwaukee. I've been there a couple of times, and their livestock has always been very healthy and the staff are very knowledgeable. I try to plan a whole day when heading there...lots to look at

I agree. They have excellent looking livestock. However they also have premium pricing...

choowey

Hello from Pewaukee! We just set up our 74 Gal last week. I am new to this message board.
Thanks for the info on the Ocon. store. We'll have to make a run someday!
Marisue

scsinet

Interesting thread... I'm from Oak Creek originally. Gonna be in town next month to visit family, but who really wants to do that, so this might give me some places to stop besides the usual places... American Science and Surplus, Usingers Sausage Co, etc.
I wonder if I can fly with fish domestically... they'd probably toss me on that liquids rule... of course, I can't imagine that a fish would be swimming alive in liquid explosives, but try to explain that to a TSA agent...

monalisa

Originally Posted by jdog5578
I agree. They have excellent looking livestock. However they also have premium pricing...
That they do on most things, however I did purchase a very nice frogspawn there which I thought was a good deal at $32.00. It started out with 3 heads and now has about 12 in the year or so that I've had it.
I also need to check out that place in Oconomowoc...I'm not that far from there, and my daughter and I are always up for a saltwater day on the weekends. Do you happen to know what their weekend hours are?
Thanks

jdog5578

That they do on most things, however I did purchase a very nice frogspawn there which I thought was a good deal at $32.00. It started out with 3 heads and now has about 12 in the year or so that I've had it.
I also need to check out that place in Oconomowoc...I'm not that far from there, and my daughter and I are always up for a saltwater day on the weekends. Do you happen to know what their weekend hours are?
Thanks

If you google "aquatic world Oconomowoc" you will find directions and hours. The owners name is Michael, ask for him, he is very helpful. Do remember he just set up his saltwater room 3 months ago, but he does have 30+ tanks...

monalisa

Originally Posted by jdog5578
If you google "aquatic world Oconomowoc" you will find directions and hours. The owners name is Michael, ask for him, he is very helpful. Do remember he just set up his saltwater room 3 months ago, but he does have 30+ tanks...
Awesome, thanks for the info. Who else but a Wisconsin person would know how to spell Oconomowoc??? LOL

kainex

it will be interesting to see how aquatic world (oconomowoc) will do this time. I live in Neosho and work at Great Lakes in Nashotah so they are on my way home. I have been going there since all 3 owners have been there. The latest shows the most promise. I always thought that that place had a ton of potential. (its a huge wearhouse) but there saltwater room has always been lacking. You could ALWAYS find what they had at any smaal town ma and pop shop. The newest owner seems to be putting alot of money into the saltwater room. and I think if he is Lucky he will be able to draw in ALOT of busness from the area that had been driveing to milwaukee for there SW needs. He says that he will be updating his lighting and gerring more corals soon. well have to see. I can tell you from the looks of it and how recient he bought the place that the Banks have gatta be rolling there eyes or he has a Suger daddy
there is ALOT of money put into this place over the last 3 mo.
good for him and I hope he dose well. I would say that if you live within 30min of it it's worth the drive.
jmo

scsinet

Awesome, thanks for the info. Who else but a Wisconsin person would know how to spell Oconomowoc??? LOL
... or how to properly pronounce "New Berlin" or know what a "Bubbler" is?

monalisa

Originally Posted by SCSInet
... or how to properly pronounce "New Berlin" or know what a "Bubbler" is?
OR what the heck is a bratwurst???
LOL