wisdom teeth removed

greg9871

Just got mine taken out this morning, i thought it was going to be so much worse that it actually is, but im also a little loopy on some hydrocodone right now
this was just before i left,
Attachment 202449
now once i got back
Attachment 202450
then once i woke up from a nap
Attachment 202451
and just took this one
Attachment 202452
as you may notice i forgot to ice, some of the best food ive ever had though, i just had the best mashed potatoes ever OMG

mkzimms

nice. i had a wisdom tooth pulled sunday. beware the dry socket and make sure you keep rinsing with warm saltwater. i dont think you have any shortage of saltwater.

tangman99

I had all four cut out at one time. I remember the lady turning a little knob on the IV and telling me to count down from 10. I think I made it to 7. They could have cut my feet off and I wouldn't have cared. Good stuff in that IV! If you have to get them removed, make sure you get the liquid drugs pumped into you.

reefreak29

yep I had all 4 cut out (no novicane and I stayed awake through the process)
after the percedure I just iced alot and I was fine

greg9871

woke up earlyer. Holy Crap! the pain. when i got to the surgery room they just put the laghing gas on for a bit then the doctor came in yelling and screaming put the iv in and gave me a shot and in less than 30 seconds i was out, they dnt even have time to ask me to count down, the only thing that isnt cool about getting it done on july 3rd is no fireworks for me today,we even spent like $300-$400 on some nice ones

wangotango

I had them out last year, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be either. Being on the gas was almost like an out of body experience. I could see and hear what was going on, but couldn't talk or move.
Never had any pain, but it felt like someone was squeezing my jaw for a day or two. Very little selling too.
Good luck and enjoy your hydrocodone

-Justin

katiev

Do not, absolutely not, eat the following today, tomorrow, or this week: chips and salsa, a loaded chicken wrap, salad, etc.
This is how my husband ended up with a jaw infection, an inability to open his mouth for two+ weeks, and the most horrendous breath I've ever smelled. I don't want to get too graphic here, but he was spitting, erm, pus.
Despite my warnings, he "felt fine" a few hours after surgery, and went back to eating whatever he pleased. Well...his gums swelled around the food in the pockets back there, and that was that.
Squishy food is your friend.

janastasio

Hows it feeling today? Forgot to mention JIC your oral surgery office doesnt, Ibuprofen/Advil/Motrin (these are all the same) should be taken very regularly. Alot of people only use their pain meds, which if its a hydrocodone(vicodin), it has Tylenol in it, which will do nothing for inflamation and swelling. These are usually the most uncomfortable components to these surgeries. You should be taking 600-800mg of ibuprofen every 6 hours and then taking your pain meds in addition if needed. Good luck! Feel free to ask any questions if any arise, I've seen it all, been working in this field for 8 years! Treated enough dry sockets and post extraction infections! The office I work for tends to be very homeopathic. We also have all of our patients take garlic capsules (antiviral/antibacterial) and 500mg Vit. C three times daily. We get about 1 dry socket every 100+ patients, and they are usually smokers.

mkzimms

Originally Posted by katiev
http:///forum/post/2675023
my husband ended up with a jaw infection, an inability to open his mouth for two+ weeks, and the most horrendous breath I've ever smelled. I don't want to get too graphic here, but he was spitting, erm, pus.
thats dry socket... its ridiculously painful and a total @#$! to deal with. you get it when the blood clot in the socket falls out and exposes the jaw bone. any pointy foods, smoking, using straws (this includes starting a siphon) and yawning will increase your chances of disturbing the clot. moral of the story is DO NOT GET DRY SOCKET!

greg9871

ya im piggy backing on ibprophen(sp) and my pain

[hr]
, every 2 hours i take the one i didnt take 2 hours before,so far my foods consist of raman and tomato soup, and various "squishy" foods.