wish me luck!

trigger40

tomaro i am having my first surgery for a hernia and im not all about it lol. its a fairely simple surgery but besides the fact that i cant eat or drink any thing for a while and being cut open and the anesthesia and being loopy for the rest of the day, im also worried about my tank! im sopposed to be a couch patato for a week! im not soposed to lift a gallon of milk! :mad: how am i sopposed to do a water change if needed. any way ive heared nothing good about the experience so feel free to leave a coment on ideas for my tank or if you just want to wish me luck. :)

silverado61

First off, good luck. Although you don't really need it. It IS a simple procedure and your doctor has probably done hundreds of them. He could do it if he was hung over (Not that he would).

Second, do a water change before you go under the knife. Just in case you don't come out of it, it'll give the next owner time to learn how to do it. (Just kidding) :p

Besides, it'll give you time to do a little bonding with your critters.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
The fish tank should be good for a week. Also, if you feel compelled to do water changes anyway, you can do it in small increments such as a gal a day, using qt. size container remove and replace the water until you get a gal done.

I'm sure you'll be good to go soon!

trigger40

hey guys thank you for the kind replies. im being forced to walk right now so i decided to walk over to the computer. its worse than i thought water changes are the least of my worries. i need help doing EVERYTGHING. talking for long periods of time hurts. moving in bed hurts. oh, the surgery went well they just hade to swich surgeons during the operation. things went down very well i was very happy before they started sticking me with anything lol. thank you guys for repling next i get up ill give yall a report. i would show you guys a picture of the incision but its too close to getting me kicked of the sight. lol once agen thank you and ill try to keep yall posted if my tank dies because i cant get the food. :(

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Pain meds will help. By 3rd day, you'll be feeling better in pain dept.