WK 1 in the tank How did your team do?

stdreb27

Please state your team and your opinion of the game!
Hello I'm ruben and I'm a cowboys fan.
I'm somewhat please. I saw a DOMINATE offensive line. Romo his his spots till late in the game. But I'm am left wondering. Romo once the game was in the bag started tossing the ball around and tossing ANOTHER interception in the endzone! And how many penalties did the cowboys have. This team lacks some professional dicipline. And it leaves question marks in the back of my head. And how long can they run barber like that? I don't think it is going to happen for a full season.

jaymz

Ha Sounds like the begining of an AA meeting.
Hello Im James and Im a Falcons fan.
I feel good about this new team. I think finally in the history of the team all the powers that be for the falcons sat down and said 'OK how can be put together a winning team'. All it took was an absolute embarassment from their former star Vick. They have most of the peices in place. There Defense needs to tighen up a bit, they did allow some point against the detroit, but then again detroit is always going to score points, its just easy to outscore them. I think the addition of Micheal turner and Jason Elam has guarenteed points every game. This will put the rookie QB Matt Ryan as ease and allow him and the young receivers to actually get in a groove. Something no reciever could have with Vick. I am hopeful for this season if eveyone can stay healthy. A playoff birth would be amazing.

aquaknight

I'm Shawn and I'm a Bills fan.
Had a good Week 1, to spite the haterz
. Special teams, baby, special teams.
Our defense did great too up against a rusty Seahawks team. Edwards was still a bit shaky at times, but after the pressure was off with the lead, he seemed to settle in. Big test next week against Jacksonville, since the Bills are more of a speed team, and J-ville has some big boys. Looks like with Brady out, the Bills are serious contenders for the AFC now...

ironeagle2006

Bears fan here also and Defense is back and Orton is not Rex throw the game away Grosman. As long as they healthy we might even contend for the NFC north or at least a Wildcard berth.

stdreb27

I wonder what happens when Aaron Rodgers tosses 4 interceptions tonight? It is going to be delicious.

luca brasi

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/2750174
Please state your team and your opinion of the game!
Hello I'm ruben and I'm a cowboys fan.
I'm somewhat please. I saw a DOMINATE offensive line. Romo his his spots till late in the game. But I'm am left wondering. Romo once the game was in the bag started tossing the ball around and tossing ANOTHER interception in the endzone! And how many penalties did the cowboys have. This team lacks some professional dicipline. And it leaves question marks in the back of my head. And how long can they run barber like that? I don't think it is going to happen for a full season.
Disclaimer-
Admitted Cowboy hater here, but I think I'm objective.
I watched the whole game and can agree about the lack of discipline. I'll add that I wonder about their conditioning too. Lost focus and a lot of late penalties that were, imo, the result of (mostly) O linemen being out of position.
All that aside, that is a very good team who will just flat outscore most teams.
p.s. - my Saints may have an adequate D :)

ruaround

my team choked in the 4th Qtr... i think they might have forgotten that in the NFL they do play all 60 minutes...

jdl

Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/2750248
I wonder what happens when Aaron Rodgers tosses 4 interceptions tonight? It is going to be delicious.

it wont be any different then when brett favre used to throw 4 interceptions (NFL interception leader)

jaymz

Originally Posted by JDL
http:///forum/post/2750268
it wont be any different then when brett favre used to throw 4 interceptions (NFL interception leader)
Yeah but Farve also threw 2 TD's for every INT. Plus when you have been the starting QB for 16 years you are going to rack a good number of ints.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by Luca Brasi
http:///forum/post/2750259
Disclaimer-
Admitted Cowboy hater here, but I think I'm objective.
I watched the whole game and can agree about the lack of discipline. I'll add that I wonder about their conditioning too. Lost focus and a lot of late penalties that were, imo, the result of (mostly) O linemen being out of position.
All that aside, that is a very good team who will just flat outscore most teams.
p.s. - my Saints may have an adequate D :)
They had PLENTY of penalties in the first quarter too. I don't think a lack of conditioning is a problem. (remember where they spend training camp) 100+ degrees every day. You (not you luco) people up north don't know what a texas summer can be like.
I really do feel like Bill last year minus TO means super bowl. Just because of lack of discipline. I don't think Romo would have checked out like he did last year.

sickboy

I'm Mike, Seahawks would be my team. and they looked absolutely HORRIBLE.
Special teams need work, discipline to avoid stupid penalties is also another area of improvement. The defense didn't look as good as last year either, neither does the offense. So....they just suck, but I'm not a fair weather fan...so GO SEAHAWKS!