WK1

stdreb27

LOL, Payton will be missed. How about Washington knocking off the Giants. hehe, well, you know the East is going to be good, with imo the Cowboys and Giants fighting for last.... I can't stand Texan fans... And holy crap, this is football, don't remove kickoffs from the equation, because you're scared of getting hurt... ugh. But I do think it is interesting the run backs this weekend...
But how about that greenbay NO game... A game ending with a goal line stand is the way to go.... BTW running 20 swing passes and screens doesn't make you an offensive genius. Neither does not being able to run the ball in from inside the 5... I wonder how long we're going to have to watch Garret before jerry figures out he's an idiot. (notice the lack of punctuation? done of purpose to add confusion and make you ask the question who's an idiot Garret or Jerry, more like both) Anyway, I had to work so I missed Sunday, got to see thursday nights and last night's game Both amazing amazing games, at least entertainment wise....
Remember there are 2 games tonight on ESPN. IE the North East fan club network...

kjr_trig

Pittsburgh....Still a 10 or 11 win team, even though they got thumped.
Dallas....Tomy Romo is a bonehead, the same way Brett Favre was a bonehead, they both make the occasionally head scratching throw, but both are awesome. Tony is the best athlete in the league, and Dallas has a SUPER EASY schedule outside of their division. Still a playoff team.
For my Cardinals....Kolb was quite good, our secondary is suspect, but like the new D Coordinator, very aggressive.
Cam Newton....Lot better than I thought he would be early, VERY poised, and pretty accurate. Silly competitive, when he threw that interception, he damn near took the guys head off tackling him, and it was a linebacker.
Green Bay...Yikes
New Orleans....Really Good too, albeit in a loss
Chicago looked great too.
How funny would it be if Indy had the worst record in the league and ended up with Andrew Luck.

reefraff

Got to wait til tonight to see how my team is gonna do. But at least I can make fun of the Cowboys....

stdreb27

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjr_trig http:///t/387847/wk1#post_3415743
Pittsburgh....Still a 10 or 11 win team, even though they got thumped.
Dallas....Tomy Romo is a bonehead, the same way Brett Favre was a bonehead, they both make the occasionally head scratching throw, but both are awesome. Tony is the best athlete in the league, and Dallas has a SUPER EASY schedule outside of their division. Still a playoff team.
For my Cardinals....Kolb was quite good, our secondary is suspect, but like the new D Coordinator, very aggressive.
Cam Newton....Lot better than I thought he would be early, VERY poised, and pretty accurate. Silly competitive, when he threw that interception, he damn near took the guys head off tackling him, and it was a linebacker.
Green Bay...Yikes
New Orleans....Really Good too, albeit in a loss
Chicago looked great too.
How funny would it be if Indy had the worst record in the league and ended up with Andrew Luck.
They're going to need to win 11 games to get in the playoffs. And 6 games against the igles, skins, giants. Makes that really hard to do...
BTW, haven't seen you post in a while, how is it going out there?

mantisman51

I am, so far, pleasantly surprised by Cam Newton. Running QB's work in the NCAA where linemen are 250-280 # and safeties are 180-200 #. When they take off in the pros and end up with arms and knees where their tukus should be, they get beat out of the game quickly-ask the now pass-first Michael Vick. Cam showed poise and ability in the pocket. I now expect him to be nothing less than a superstar. The biggest surprise for me was Tampa Bay and Atlanta sputtering on offense. The NFC south now belongs solely to the Aints. My Chiefs are probably back to square one with the rebuilding. The Cowboys showed their defense is still tough, but has some serious holes. The secondary really needs some improving as well as run defense. Nobody else showed much for the better or worse that I can think of.

ironeagle2006

Cutler shut up ALOT of critics yesterday with how he played. 300+ yards 2 TD's and he stayed Vertical most of the game. He also showed LEADERSHIP in the game and except for the INT was the QB the bears want and need for the year. The NFC north is going to be the Tough Divison to win. You got the Bears and Packers plus the Lions are a Spoiler maybe. The Vikings are a tossup also. The Black and Blue is Back and look out we will dominate for a long time.

mantisman51

The Bears did what I expected. Cutler is better than what most "experts" were saying and I knew he shouldn't have been written off. It's still the Packs division to lose. Sorry, but the Bears offense still has little chance against the Packers defense.

reefraff

Cutler is the kind of QB who needs others to make things happen. Some QB make other players better, that aint this guy. However if you have the other players this guy is able to step up his game to their level. Short term I think the Broncos got the better part of that trade but I think Cutler is starting to really fit into the Bears system. I wouldn't be so quick to write them off against the Pack.

kjr_trig

Quote:
Originally Posted by stdreb27 http:///t/387847/wk1#post_3415761
They're going to need to win 11 games to get in the playoffs. And 6 games against the igles, skins, giants. Makes that really hard to do...
BTW, haven't seen you post in a while, how is it going out there?
Yeah, I'm not here much, fish-wise this place is a shadow of it's former glory, not much knowledge going around.
Dallas has a good schedule, Redskins looked good in preseason and against a horrible banged up Giant team, but I don't know that either of those teams are going to be that good. All in all, I think the NFC East may end up not being as good as the North or the South this year.

stdreb27

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjr_trig http:///t/387847/wk1#post_3415800
Yeah, I'm not here much, fish-wise this place is a shadow of it's former glory, not much knowledge going around.
Dallas has a good schedule, Redskins looked good in preseason and against a horrible banged up Giant team, but I don't know that either of those teams are going to be that good. All in all, I think the NFC East may end up not being as good as the North or the South this year.
I actually felt a little bad about that, and was going to make it a point to go back to the other topics.
Btw I actually played a real golf course for the first time, with actual greens... It is amazing how much easier putting is...

kjr_trig

Quote:
Originally Posted by stdreb27 http:///t/387847/wk1#post_3415832
I actually felt a little bad about that, and was going to make it a point to go back to the other topics.
Btw I actually played a real golf course for the first time, with actual greens... It is amazing how much easier putting is...
Nice...How are the clubs working for you? I'm back to playing all Taylor Made clubs now.

stdreb27

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjr_trig http:///t/387847/wk1#post_3415873
Nice...How are the clubs working for you? I'm back to playing all Taylor Made clubs now.
Good, I'm fixing to regrip them with smaller grips. The bigger grips, made me grip it more like a baseball bat and turned me into a hooker... I regripped one, and have been hitting that one straight. I really really like that sand wedge. I was using that cleveland lob, then one day I was 75 yards out, which is way to far for that, so I picked up the sand wedge, and stuck it on the green. Anyway, played the rest of the day with it, and anything inside 100 was on the green. (it was a good day) The fun thing is that I'm out driving everyone at work now...
Unfortunately last october I had surgery and it messed with my core strength, I've spent most of this year, just trying to get some muscle memory back. I went and demo-ed those rescue hybrid, and hit it amazingly well, so while I was laid up and bored, got online and bought one. Then friggen haven't been able to hit it consistently since. But it is a world of difference from my graphite clubs. I'm really happy....
Which taylor made's are you playing?

kjr_trig

Quote:
Originally Posted by stdreb27 http:///t/387847/wk1#post_3415882
Good, I'm fixing to regrip them with smaller grips. The bigger grips, made me grip it more like a baseball bat and turned me into a hooker... I regripped one, and have been hitting that one straight. I really really like that sand wedge. I was using that cleveland lob, then one day I was 75 yards out, which is way to far for that, so I picked up the sand wedge, and stuck it on the green. Anyway, played the rest of the day with it, and anything inside 100 was on the green. (it was a good day) The fun thing is that I'm out driving everyone at work now...
Unfortunately last october I had surgery and it messed with my core strength, I've spent most of this year, just trying to get some muscle memory back. I went and demo-ed those rescue hybrid, and hit it amazingly well, so while I was laid up and bored, got online and bought one. Then friggen haven't been able to hit it consistently since. But it is a world of difference from my graphite clubs. I'm really happy....
Which taylor made's are you playing?
I am on staff with Taylor Made this year, which has been nice, I have a set of Tour Preferred MC irons, but am playing the Burner 2.0'., I have 2 "white drivers", one Burner 2.0 TP, and am playing an R11 with upgraded shaft (Kai Li 73 gram X). R11 fairway and hybrid.
That sucks having the issue and surgery, I think I remember that, core strength is key in golf, I did P90X this Summer, it really helped.

stdreb27

well one year later, and I've got my distance back, I'm hitting my drivers, and lower irons better, the upper irons and hybrids aren't as consistent, but I'm not needing them nearly as much, since I'm playing better off the T-box. Saturday, I played my first game, where I didn't miss on the driver.

stdreb27

next time we need to mortar somewhere, I think they should just call tom brady, and rig up some explosive football.....

ironeagle2006

Let him play a team with a Defense and we can TALK. Sorry let him play someone like tghe Packers Bears Ravens or Steelers and we can talk. Sorry but when you have all day to throw the ball you cna find the open man. Lets see how he does when he has someone in his shorts all night.