wobigong shark in 125gal

cdubbs

I was just watching this show on the Home network on TV. It was called Dude Room and they make over some guys room for him..and they put a 125gal fishtank in the room and had some guy from EmpirePets come in and setup the tank and put fish in it.First of all they setup the tank and put the fish in all in one day. Next I see the fish in there and there was, 3 yellow tangs, a lion fish, a puffer, a harlequin tusk, and finally a wobegong shark. Dont they get huge? And also how is this new tank owner gonna have any idea how to take care of this tank..I think it last about 2 weeks before the tank crashes..No LS or LR either..And he is the owner of a pet store..pretty scary.Whats ur opinion on this?

jon321

You cant take much thats seen on tv seriously, even redecorating shows. Im sure the fish were just rented for filming. The bigger danger is people who watch that and think they can have all those fish in a 125g tank which is obviously too small...although "1000g" seems like a vague and random value picked off the top of your head.
Jon

johnbob

It could have been a wards wobbegong which only grows to a little over 2 feet. But its insane that they would add all of the fish the same day.

sharkboy13

Originally Posted by Jon321
although "1000g" seems like a vague and random value picked off the top of your head.
Jon
no, i belong to a shark and ray forum and plenty of the members said a 1000 would be the minimum for most wobbys

cdubbs

I emailed the company to get his answer for why he did that. .if and when they reply i will let yous know.

aw2x3

Originally Posted by Sharkboy13
no, i belong to a shark and ray forum and plenty of the members said a 1000 would be the minimum for most wobbys
You belong to a shark and ray forum that's made up of mainly people who were banned from other forums. They claim to be a mixture of shark experts but it's mainly a large group of hobbiest who know nothing more than anyone else.
Even a 1000 gallon tank doesn't really sound suitable for a shark species that'll grow upwards of 8' - 10'.

sharkboy13

Originally Posted by AW2x3
You belong to a shark and ray forum that's made up of mainly people who were banned from other forums. They claim to be a mixture of shark experts but it's mainly a large group of hobbiest who know nothing more than anyone else.
Even a 1000 gallon tank doesn't really sound suitable for a shark species that'll grow upwards of 8' - 10'.
actually atleast three work for an aquarium of which one is the MBA, now i dont want to start a flame war but a marine biologist who takes care of sharks at the MBA should kno something more about sharks than some of us do, come to think u will want somewhere near a 5,000+ tho im not completely sure

brenden

AW2X3 - I am not sure why you continue to bash Shark & Ray Central. Is it possible because I came onto Grimreefers and posted a link to the website. Its not my fault Grimreefers cant stay up and continues to go down and lost its threads. I simply just offered a website shark and ray enthusiates could go too. I didnt say they had to I simply offered and alternative. And if I remember correctly you began to bash our site before we bashed Grimreefers. Seeing as you know nothing of our moderators and administrators I am not sure where these comments are coming from. Lots of our staff has been involved in this hobby for many many years. We have staff which work full time as the famous Monetary Bay Aquarium in California, Minnesota Aquarium in Minnesota, and other smaller aquarium facilities. As well we have many reputable shark collectors who collect sharks for many of the very large aquariums around the world. Most noticable the Bull Shark which was delivered to the Miami Aquarium a few months ago. And if you would like me to continue was of our moderators is one of the very first people to properly document and follow the stages of breeding sharks in the home aquaria. She is currently breeding Eppaulettes succesfully and I believe already has 5 healthy pups. It seems to be like you have a grudge against myself and my website / forum. I am not sure if its becasue you are jealous, or simply just becasue you know you will never be able to afford such setups. We are all in this hobby becasue we have a passion for it and its somthing we love to do. I am not sure why all this competition is needed and constant arguments are needed. At Shark & Ray Central who welcome all members whether they are new comers or experience veterans. We are here to further develop the elasmobranch community and help share and spread information regarding the housing of them in the home aquaria. Hopefully this will be the last time I need to make a comment like this, I do not want to have "beef" with any one person or any website. I realize I will probable be banned for this message, Saltwater Fish I apologize, however I needed to clear this up.
Thanks,
Brenden

krj-1168

First - I Strongly suggest you know what you are talking about. Because from these statement you obviously don't.
Bad mouthing any forum that you never visit - is completely wrong - and makes you look like an I.D.I.O.T.
No one on that site has ever recommended putting a spotted or Ornate Wobbies in a 1500 gallon tank - much less a smaller one. Truth is most members of the forum your speaking of would likely only recommend Spotted or Ornate Wobbies for Public Aquariums - just like the Nurse Shark.
And it's the Spotted & Ornate Wobbies which are the 9-10' monsters. The smaller Japanese & Ward's Wobbies, are considered Home aquaria friendly - since both species stay between 2.5-4'.
I suggest that maybe you should stopping claiming to be a Know-It-All. And actually lesson once and a while - who knows you may actually learn something.

aw2x3

I'm not bad mouthing anyone.
Brenden was banned from my other forum because he continued to spam us, with advertisements to his forum and verbally attack our members...it's as simple as that.
I have no beef with you guys and have no desire to visit your forum...that's why I don't waste my time there.
And, just to prove my point even further, because you seem to continue to insult me (on more than this board)...I helped Shedd Aquarium, in Chicago, start their Cat shark breeding program and at this time, the pair that I provided to the aquarium are currently producing enough pups that their eggs are being shipped to other aquariums, including Monterey Bay.
I also currently have a standing position at Sea World, in Orlando, to head a new research station that's being built on the East Coast or Florida. So, please know what/who you're talking about before you make yourself look like a fool once again.
EDIT: On another note...I also like the claim, on your forum, where Sharkboy explained that I said it'd be ok for a Wobby to be placed into a 500gal. tank. This just says great things about your members.
QUOTED FROM SHARKBOY on SharkRayCentral:
"ok on another board this idiot called us just a group of banned forum members who claim to kno something about sharks, anyhow, he says that a 500 would be fine for a wobby (i kno depending upon species i may be wrong) but i said a 1000-5000+ would be best correct?"
QUOTED FROM BRENDEN on SharkRayCentral:
"Hes lucky he caught me in a good mood or I could have been facing charges for uttering death threats and racial slurs lol"
Death threats and racial slurs, eh?

That's all I have to say about this. Good day to you.

brenden

You dont have the need to visit our forums, however you went on to take quotes from myself. Now lets be mature about the whole situation, you are attacking my forum which I created and have put alot of time into. Thats a personal attack to me, and I dont take those lightly. On Grimreefers I never attacked an members in a personal manner. I respect your credentials, you would think someone so actively involved in the elasmobranch community would be more appreciative with what we are trying to do. And if your so involved, maybe you would known a few of our members and realize we do have very knowledgable staff not just "wanna be's". As stated before I do not want to casue anything, you attacked my website first, one of my members made me aware of your comment and I decided to check it out my self. Hopefully we can come to terms and stop these immatures confrontations. My apologies to Saltwater Fish for my posts, and my apologies to AW2X3 for making statments without knowing your true credentials.
Thanks, Brenden

medguy80

Originally Posted by AW2x3
Brenden was banned from my other forum because he continued to spam us, with advertisements to his forum and verbally attack our members...it's as simple as that.
I have no beef with you guys and have no desire to visit your forum...that's why I don't waste my time there.
And, just to prove my point even further, because you seem to continue to insult me (on more than this board)...I helped Shedd Aquarium, in Chicago, start their Cat shark breeding program and at this time, the pair that I provided to the aquarium are currently producing enough pups that their eggs are being shipped to other aquariums, including Monterey Bay.
I also currently have a standing position at Sea World, in Orlando, to head a new research station that's being built on the East Coast or Florida. So, please know what/who you're talking about before you make yourself look like a fool once again.
EDIT: On another note...I also like the claim, on your forum, where Sharkboy explained that I said it'd be ok for a Wobby to be placed into a 500gal. tank. This just says great things about your members.
QUOTED FROM SHARKBOY on SharkRayCentral:
"ok on another board this idiot called us just a group of banned forum members who claim to kno something about sharks, anyhow, he says that a 500 would be fine for a wobby (i kno depending upon species i may be wrong) but i said a 1000-5000+ would be best correct?"
QUOTED FROM BRENDEN on SharkRayCentral:
"Hes lucky he caught me in a good mood or I could have been facing charges for uttering death threats and racial slurs lol"
Death threats and racial slurs, eh?

This is very funny. I have not started my tank yet but will in a few months. I am trying to learn as much as possible and get ready so when I do start it I am not over my head. The thing I have learned to do on here is read peoples post. I mean some say some strang things. I am not for sure if they know what they are talking bout or thier age or what. There are a few on here that I would trust very much and I am sure will be asking alot of questions but disregarding others.
Aw you are the man. I mean what they posted shows their age for sure and maturity levels. I mean someoen acting like that why do I need to listen to any advise they give.
Good job Brendon for being a man about this. Not many would be

reefforbrains

geta room!. Take this childish crap to email or a phonecall between two supposed professionals and get it off my board. You two both seem like you would actually bear fruit from one anothers exp. Try a phonecall and I bet you will both learn something once you remove the chest beating......

krj-1168

Actually you're bad mouthing a site that you rarely visit. And Never post on. You don't attempt learn about the Members including the Moderating or Admistrative Staff.
That's what Brenden's pissed at, as he should be.
BTW -AW2x3 don't worry about visiting that site again - You're Not Welcome there anymore. Any Respectable Moderating Staff would ban anyone that repeatedly continues to trash their board. Which is what has been done in your case.
Now can we please get back to Saltwaterfish.com business. I believe the topic is Wobbies

sharkboy13

Originally Posted by ReefForBrains
geta room!. Take this childish crap to email or a phonecall between two supposed professionals and get it off my board. You two both seem like you would actually bear fruit from one anothers exp. Try a phonecall and I bet you will both learn something once you remove the chest beating......
and wer locked in 10...9...8...7...

AW2X4

Originally Posted by Sharkboy13
You seem like an arrogant and ignorant person. I was never banned from any fourm. Eventhough I am nothing more then a hobbiest you should check out the build I have been working on for a few years.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/new-york-aquarium-breaks-ground-new-127m-shark-exhibit-article-1.1571425