Woke Up To Dying Yellow Tang

pallan

Originally Posted by jsofield
So after the acclimation just net the fish and put him in. by dumping the water that almost equals a water change so I guess thats not all bad. Thanks again. Almost forgot. The question of how long was my fish at the lfs. Is it betterto get him as soon as the lfs gets him or a few days after?
i like watching my fish at the LFS for about a week to two. problem is alot of times they are sold by that time but if not im pretty sure they will be alright and any issues will have happened by then.
Recently have discovered a private LFS that quarentines new arrivals and does not offer them for sale until after the two week period. I have not checked him out yet going there soon.
if you must have a fish that just comes into the store i would get him before he even comes out of the bag less stress than moving from their tank to yours. in the same day. but this is risky IMO
at the least if the fish is in their tank and you dont know how long ask them to feed them and make sure they eat before buying.

jsofield

Originally Posted by Pallan
i like watching my fish at the LFS for about a week to two. problem is alot of times they are sold by that time but if not im pretty sure they will be alright and any issues will have happened by then.
Recently have discovered a private LFS that quarentines new arrivals and does not offer them for sale until after the two week period. I have not checked him out yet going there soon.
if you must have a fish that just comes into the store i would get him before he even comes out of the bag less stress than moving from their tank to yours. in the same day. but this is risky IMO
at the least if the fish is in their tank and you dont know how long ask them to feed them and make sure they eat before buying.
Thanks, I will try and be more patient and watch them. How do you acclimate your fish? Havent tried the drip method but might on the next fish I get. Should you use the drip method on all fish? My next 2 fish will be a 6 linewrass and another yellow tang. I am afraid to screw up.Hate to waste the money but hate killing fish more. Appreciate the input.