Women's gymnastics... What the heck!!

coral keeper

I was watching the women's gymnastics and there was a tie between China and USA. They showed a video of both and the Chinese made a mistake in the end and the American girl didn't make a single mistake. But the Chinese girl won Gold and the American girl won silver!!The American girl was supposed to win Gold!!

rebelprettyboy

Been like that the whole gymnastics with Shawn Johnson and Nashia... Horrible scoring.. And that tie breaker rule is a bunch of cra. Depending on one judge score to decided who wins?

WTH happend to a tie breaker when u go again and see whos the best? Its stupid

zeke92

i saw that too! i was POed...the american girl was cute too! and the chinese girl reminded me of an ogre on world of warcracft...but i geuss looks don't count

jaymz

I agree go again OR atleast do the regular olympic thing and give them both a gold. Gymnastics is the only sport that has changed it so there will be a tie breaker. no giving out 2 of the same medal.

hlcroghan

They explained how they did that on an article on yahoo. Kind of interesting. It's really mathematical and lengthy but basically how many points were deducted off of the routine led to them picking the winner. So the chinese girl had less points deducted even though their scores ended up the same. Something along those lines.

squidward

I'll tell you what was ridiculous...freakin' paul hamm winning gold the last olympics after his HUGE FALL! lol man and he still won gold?! What a joke!

golfer

The judges must be getting paid off real well from China. Personally this thing is all politics and some of it has to be rigged. Canada should have won gold in mens trampoline, but instead gets silver. And of course China gets the gold with more mistakes then any of them!! Any sport that is judged by random judges and not your peers seems a little suspicious.

hlcroghan

Agreed!
You ever notice that whatever country hosts the olympics then that gymnastics team seems to win a little more easily. Even in this country it happened. Maybe coincidence, maybe not.

reefraff

Easy way to fix it. Take all these stupid sports that must be judged out of the olympics. Same crap goes on in Boxing, diving etc. When you have to decide a winner based on "artistic interpretation"

aquaknight

I really, really, really don't want to come off as I'm defending China, but the way they explained the rules, which were just changed this year by the Olympic Committee, nothing to do with China, made sense. I will fully agree 100% that the rules are 100% wrong, but basically now it doesn't pay to 'play it safe' anymore. The Americans had lower difficulty routines, and the Chinese were that much higher, the deduction for a fall or mishap wasn't enough to get a lower score, but the same score. The tie-breaker, went to the Chinese because of the higher difficulty. The outcome, was the correct outcome, but it was wrong from the get-go...

stdreb27

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/2728930
I really, really, really don't want to come off as I'm defending China, but the way they explained the rules, which were just changed this year by the Olympic Committee, nothing to do with China, made sense. I will fully agree 100% that the rules are 100% wrong, but basically now it doesn't pay to 'play it safe' anymore. The Americans had lower difficulty routines, and the Chinese were that much higher, the deduction for a fall or mishap wasn't enough to get a lower score, but the same score. The tie-breaker, went to the Chinese because of the higher difficulty. The outcome, was the correct outcome, but it was wrong
from the get-go...
I hate to say this, but according to NBC they for all events toss the highest and lowest, then if that average results in the tie they toss the next to lowest and take the average. Pretty crappy little system if you ask me...