wondering?

floorguy

Has anyone gotten any cool things from thier live rock? Ive gotten small sponges and some polyps nothing exciting not to mention the copapods and dusters.

robchuck

I've gotten a few mantis shrimp, crabs, and a few random polyps on my LR over the years. Otherwise, nothing too exciting besides sponges and dusters.

streetdoc

Zoos, sponge, green bristle worm, feather dusters, macro algea...oh lots of coraline algea and the occasional aptasia

streetdoc

In all fairness floorguy, I have not ordered live rock from this site. I usually pisk up a few interesting pieces here and there from my LFS. I would bet that uncured rock would have more diversity in the way of critters.

reefen

when I first set up my tank it was with 150 pds of uncured LR but I still ended up with similar things such as sponges, alot of different types of algae and a few peanut worms the norm I think.

sweetreef

i got this live rock about a month ago and this all came out i was in a hurry at my lfs just wanted a nice little chunk of rock and it payed off:D i guess being in a hurry does pay off!!!!

sweetreef

it was only ten buxs all i know is it has alot of zoos and not sure what the top thing is looks like a hairy shroom

floorguy

Originally posted by sweetreef
i got this live rock about a month ago and this all came out i was in a hurry at my lfs just wanted a nice little chunk of rock and it payed off:D i guess being in a hurry does pay off!!!!

now thats what im talking about i love free stuff I have also found 2 single zoo polyps and a few star fish since i posted last.

nm reef

Other than small critters...worms and pods and such...the kewlest has been a single yellow polyp.