WOO HOO New Skimmer!!!!

doggie

After much thought I have finally purchased a new skimmer, I'm going to try and post pics.
I decided on the Reef Octopus Extreme Series XS-200 Protein Skimmer. Now i have always had skimmers since I started but I was surprised at this things size.
It has only been running for 2 days now but it was collecting some nasty stuff an hour after I installed it. I does take a lot of adjusting but I'm hoping thats because it is still new.
I will say that the directions to put it together are not very good at all but if you have any knowledge about skimmers you can figure it out.
And if you have the doors open to your stand then it's kinda loud. I don't hear it if the doors are closed but the wife says it's still loud. I don't think it is.
Let's see if I can figure out this picture thing again.

one question for anyone that can answer. How much water should this thing set in? I've heard anything from just cover the pump all the way to 8-10 inches. I want to build a sump around this thing and need some help on this.
Thanks.

doggie

Ok, another minor issue. The water really shoots out of the outlet pipe from the skimmer. I'm talking like over 2 feet. A trip to lowes and 3 bucks later it's fixed.