WOOHOO, I CAN FINALLY GET SOME DECENT LIGHTING!!!

seabreeze

Hey Guys, I dont know if I've mentioned it before, but I've been out of work, due to my upcoming back surgery. Anyway, the insurance company has finally accepted my claim, and I'll be getting a pretty good sized check in the mail this week! :D I really would like to update my lighting, when I bought my set up, it came with real basic lighting. I'm wondering which way I should go. Right now, I have 1 clown, 2 damsels and a yellow tang in my 65 gallon. I would like to add LR, and some anenomes. I remember the guy at the lfs was telling me about some light that hangs from the ceiling, for like $350, what the heck is that? And I'm not too sure I want something that hangs over the tank. What do you guys suggest?.....thinking about the UV too!! :D :D :D

jond

You can get Metal Halides and Power compacts that can hang over you tank. I would do alot of research and check seriously into VHO. Look at the Icecap ballest. You can go the their website and go to the link for the distributor.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, medal halides and power compacts hang from the ceiling, but you also have to wire these lights from the ceiling too, unless you don't mind cords hanging down your wall. So, lighting pendants plus the cost of having them wired from the ceiling.

seabreeze

Does anyone have any pics of these MH lights set up, so I can check out what they look like? Also, I have heard that they give off a lot of heat, my tank is deep, would that matter?