woops..Christmas tree disaster (pics)

coachklm

so i went out yesterday and chopped down a tree.. with an ax...and put it on top of my expedition... and brought it home and put it up... it seems i mis judged the size of it huh?

so i wasnt about to go out again so ...the griswalds present to the public the finished product...lol

hot883

Looks wonderful Clark Griswold.
No, looks fine, need about 4,000 more lights for that monster. Merry Christmas, Barry

coachklm

well dangit i did my best..lol thats all anyone can ask for
can you picture a ax being swung with one hand enough times to get that down (i'm a little sore)

hot883

Originally Posted by coachKLM
well dangit i did my best..lol thats all anyone can ask for
can you picture a ax being swung with one hand enough times to get that down (i'm a little sore)
I could only imagine. Your beautiful wife didn't volunteer to go and at least supervise? :cheer:

Actually I was not thinking about the cutting down part, I was wondering how you were able to get it on the Ford. God Bless ya Man. Barry

coachklm

my wife was coaching the basketball (varsity) game and i had my oldest kids (10,8) give me a hand at dragging it up there..lol and my son(7) sawed off about 3 feet of the bottom after we got it home... and my daughter (6) cheered us on and took care of the baby(22 mths)
thats my 10 y/o in the picture... shes 5'6"

hot883

Originally Posted by coachKLM
my wife was coaching the basketball (varsity) game and i had my oldest kids (10,8) give me a hand at dragging it up there..lol and my son(7) sawed off about 3 feet of the bottom after we got it home... and my daughter (6) cheered us on and took care of the baby(22 mths)
thats my 10 y/o in the picture... shes 5'6"
Good Lord, 5'6" at 10. What the heck is in the water up there? Oh, it's the polutants from the copper mines. Ha!

ruaround

dang coach... that is a big tree... thank goodness for vaulted ceilings...
isnt the angel supposed to go at the top though???
:hilarious

seannmelly

Wow! lol. Trees always look smaller when you are looking at them to cut them down then they actually do when you get them home!! Once, my dad and I went to get a tree, and ended up having to cut about 6" of the top so we could get the star on top. It's a very nice tree thought!
Melly

lovethesea

well........its very pretty!! I guess you could just start throwing things towards the top and hope they stay. ***)
I wish I could have something that size.

sepulatian

I think it looks great!!! LOL the angel 3/4 of the way up is a little weird, no 12 foot ladder in the house to get her up there??? Merry Christmas!!!!!

mimzy

THAT is a massive tree. Gorgeous!! Absolutely lovely. It must smell simply devine in your house, what a beautiful reason to gather family and friends!
Another beautiful reason; gathering together in the springtime & planting a pine tree to replace the one your family borrowed from nature :cheer: