workhorse ballast??

foogoo

Wonderful when installed correctly. Does get hot though. Smaller and lighter than most other ballasts. Cheap too.

justinx

Mine works great. Easy to wire, and fires everyday. I keep mine in my canopy. Doesnt get too hot IMO.

stpabr

Interested in knowing how JustinX And Foogoo have your ballast wired.
I just got mine from HappyRxxxxxx, and it's a WH 7 2 lamp 24".
Runs HOT after 3 hours.....
2 red wires = 1 pin on each end cap per bulb.
1 Yellow wire = Jumpered to all pins on the other end cap
This is a parallel connection.
Fulham says 2 wires on one end = HO level per bulb
They say to combine 3 wires.. then 1 lead to end cap and jumper to other end cap pins. VHO Level will do only 1 bulb. Possibly connect 2-24" hooked in series for VHO level output.
How are you all WIRED UP?:confused: :confused: :eek: :eek:

marvida

Fulham has great customer service. I had a Workhorse fail after a year & 1/2 and they mailed a replacement no questions asked. I think they have a five year warranty.

justinx

At 40 bucks a pop, it is still cheaper to buy two WH7 than one Icecap. Plus you can run a dawn/dusk sequence. And, yes they do make a lot of the CSL ballasts, just in a different casing. Also, a majority of lighting sites on the net sell WH ballasts just with the store label.

justinx

Arent 4ft VHO 110w? I think so, and each WH7 will run up to 220w. You could run 440w for $80 without a problem.

overanalyzer

You are correct Justin - my WH 7 states it will run up to 220W of T5 or T12 lighting .... which is why I am thinking of T5 lighitng for my 75 gallon I just bought!