working in LFS?

jonthefishguy

Originally Posted by MonsterAquatic
One lfs I used to patron the owner drives a H2 Hummer.
Dont make assumptions that just because the owner drives a hummer that the person is making a killing and is just out for the dollar. There are many people in this country that live in HUGE homes and are house poor. No one ever knows the actual financial status of anyone else so to assume that the profits from selling livestock pay for his hummer is a bit far fetched.

mcbdz

Originally Posted by jonthefishguy
Dont make assumptions that just because the owner drives a hummer that the person is making a killing and is just out for the dollar. There are many people in this country that live in HUGE homes and are house poor. No one ever knows the actual financial status of anyone else so to assume that the profits from selling livestock pay for his hummer is a bit far fetched.
yeah! Your talkin about me. I'm house and fish tank poor.

dmjordan

Originally Posted by Waterlogged
Just curious, how much do you think the markup is?
really depends on what it is and how high of a demand there is for it. some things are marginal (same price at store if you bought it there or on line) other items we might pay like $0.19 and sell for $4.00

dmjordan

Originally Posted by jonthefishguy
very true. take a ride through a trailer park one day and look around. there is one about 20 minutes from me. nice hummers, bmw's cadi's, mercedes all lined up in the driveways.

stdreb27

alot of times small business owners have their fingers in other enterprises too. But that being said, most people are morons when it comes to taking care of their money. And buy beyond their means. So just because they drive a hummer or a benz doesn't mean they have money any more.
You'd be suprised alot of the people I know who are good business men, and are wealthy are driving cheap cars old cars. The owner of the company I work for drives a basic surburban, my uncle who is quite wealthy drive a ford pickup.