(World Record)Worlds Largest Fish

luckylovescc

!! that a jelly fish! that thing is huge! i want to see it yet at the same time
don't..
ok a crab is a crustacean and at one point theres a shark jumping. you are an insult to the
fish community other than that the coolest was the jelly fish
was that a big jelly fish?!
god, imagine if that stung you....if it even stings
WATCH THE LANGUAGE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
http://zoo.iqwww.com/fish/worlds-lar...rld-record-32/

perfectdark

Thats called a lions mane jelly fish. They can reach enormous sizes if you got stung with enough venom they can kill you, but their venom is not as potent in equivelent amounts to other species of jelly fish like the box jelly. I guess the clincher would be how much venom could be delivered in quantity by an invert that size... YIKES..
I believe they are an arctic water species, but here on the east coast we see them from time to time at the beach. Of course much much smaller, I found about 10 this year the largest was about 10" in diameter.

saltn00b

actually that picture i believe is supposed to be a Sumo jellyfish from off japan, but it is also a photochop, as they dont get that big and i have seen the original without the diver.
that fish in the end with big teeth is fake also , i am pretty sure.

iowafish

Actually, N00b, that fish :06 and about :12 seconds from the end -- the one with the huge teeth -- is really a fish. I think they're called something Tigerfish. African species, I think. The best part is, is that they're basically the world largest species of... tetra (characin). Honest. Freshwater fans will never look at their Cardinals the same way again.

I'm doing most of this from memory, so some of my details may be off. I'm sure someone will (hopefully) chime in to either correct or substantiate.
KH

keebler

Cool video. If that fantail doesn't prove to you that goldfish don't belong in bowls, I don't know what will. Stupidest invention ever=goldfish bowl.

keri

Yeah, tigerfish, pretty freaking scary!!
I love the goldfish, I wish all of them were allowed to get that big! I keep bugging the hubby for a BIG hexagon fancy goldfish tank but he just doesn't see what I see in them ;)

rotarymagic

Originally Posted by Keebler
http:///forum/post/2777499
Cool video. If that fantail doesn't prove to you that goldfish don't belong in bowls, I don't know what will. Stupidest invention ever=goldfish bowl and the turtle deathbowl!!!