World's Deadliest

ajmaterials

AW2x3 - just my 2 cents, but if you're looking to get a sleeve with a wildlife theme (don't know if that's the plan or not) you should really check out Deano Cook's work @ Psycho Tattoo in Atlanta, GA. Some of the sickest fish and water scenes out there, plus probably not quite as hard to get an appointment w/ as Kat.
Also, IMO the "Ocean's Deadliest" was quite well done, and portrayed these beautiful and deadly creatures with respect. Although it would have been something to see these predators devouring their natural prey. Depicting these animals only for their killing prowess would have only aided in perpetuating a stigma that they are merely killing machines, which is also why I think it would have been slightly couterproductive to what has always been Steve Irwin's intention, which has been to show that even the fiercest of animals belong to this world and deserve all of the respect that we can afford to give them. I think they found a pretty good balance with the show, considering all the hype and the ultimate consequences of its production.

richarl5

I saw it last night! The great whites always interest me most for some odd reason.. no matter how many times I've watched documentaries on them. It was cool to learn about the tiny octopus though, I would've thought that it was large and further from the shore (yikes!).
Lisa

aw2x3

Originally Posted by ajmaterials
AW2x3 - just my 2 cents, but if you're looking to get a sleeve with a wildlife theme (don't know if that's the plan or not) you should really check out Deano Cook's work @ Psycho Tattoo in Atlanta, GA. Some of the sickest fish and water scenes out there, plus probably not quite as hard to get an appointment w/ as Kat.
I'm going with a special 40's pinup girl, in wet suit bikini, mask, etc...except she's got bandoliers around her and she's leaning on an M60. She's the centerpiece, on my forearm. Then, a collage of my pins, from the NAVY...EOD, Master Parachute Wings, AW/SW pins, etc. Japanese water will tie it all together, to make the sleeve.
I had thought about an ocean scene for a calf sleeve tho and Deano Cook's octopus are freakin' fantastic!