Worlds nicest anemone!

lmecher

Looks like it's eating him. The cardinal is in the same position in all the photos. You sure about this?
Might spark conversation about the cardinal that was eaten by the bta

hunt

Can the fish get out? Is it still swimming in and out of the anenome?
(thats not normal)

kpclown

Yes all the cardinals in the guys tank move in and out of the anemone unscathed. They seem to be hosting it as a clownfish would. I find it funny because last I heard his two clowns wouldn't go near the nem, lol!

lmecher

Checked out that link, it only has photos of the one fish, all in the same position. Those photos prove nothing.
His clowns are scared $hiJless that they'll get eaten.

rod buehle

Its not all that uncommon, and not being eaten. When I was breeding Banggai back in 97-98, a very wise man (Morgan Lidster .. Inland Aquatics) suggested an M.doreensis (AKA LTA although its a BTA in question here), instead of a diadema urchin for the banggai fry to hide under. I have also heard/seen other reports since

ryancw01

In the wild, Cardinals will live in the anemones until clownfish come and bully them out. The clownfish always win. Cardinals are very adaptive. This is why there are so many different types and colors of cardinals in the wild. Their are cardinals made for the reef, mangrove forest, etc. They have to be able to blend in with their surroundings.

S

shrimpy brains

Well, I would say it is total bull, however, since Rod says it's possible, I give it a little more credibility, but still would like to see a video on this, as I find it very hard to believe those Cardinals aren't being munched!!

ryancw01

Originally Posted by Shrimpy Brains
http:///forum/post/3232223
Well, I would say it is total bull, however, since Rod says it's possible, I give it a little more credibility, but still would like to see a video on this, as I find it very hard to believe those Cardinals aren't being munched!!
There is a video of it on the Planet Earth series about coral reefs. You can find it there. Tivo it.

aquaknight

One thing to keep in mind the anemone in question is only a BTA. If this was a carpet anemone, the Cardinals are lunch. 3 of my Cardinals are in the fish bowl in the sky because of a carpet anemone. I've seen my 3" Blue Spotted Puffer be blown into my BTA by the wavemaker and not even flinch.

rod buehle

Originally Posted by Shrimpy Brains
http:///forum/post/3232223

Ive seen it with my own eyes in my own tanks shrimpy