Worm Id

fish crazy

ok i was just looking in my tank and i saw this liitle worm its red with like white little spikes on the side took it out right away waht do you think it is sory couldnt get the best pic.

m0nk

It's definitely a bristle worm, but might be a fire worm? It's hard to tell because it's so small. I've had them before, and although most bristle worms are good to have, the fire worms sting and can get pretty big. You're certainly welcome to keep it in a QT capacity for more id's but don't throw it back in your tank yet, as long as you have it out.

fish crazy

Originally Posted by Toeknee
bristle worm?
if its a bristle worm do you think it was a good idea to take it out?

fish crazy

Originally Posted by m0nk
It's definitely a bristle worm, but might be a fire worm? It's hard to tell because it's so small. I've had them before, and although most bristle worms are good to have, the fire worms sting and can get pretty big. You're certainly welcome to keep it in a QT capacity for more id's but don't throw it back in your tank yet, as long as you have it out.

ok i have it in a cup right now its starting to look kinda orange know?

fish crazy

Originally Posted by jtrzerocool
its a bristle worm...i leave them in my tank...they are a great part of the clean up crew!
am not sure if i want to put him back in the DT

jtrzerocool

some types can get pretty big...but if they get to big for your liking you can just remove them as you please...i think that the biggest one that i have seen in my tank would have to be like 3-4 inches MAX...i also have a CBS that supposedly helps control the population...like i said before...they are a great part of the CUC...