Worms & Creepy Crawly Things in the tank

ozmotron

This is not exactly disease, but I am certainly interested in treatment!!
We have a 150 gallon live sand, live rock aggressive tank. Current inhabitants include: porky puffer, leopard grouper, clown trigger, huma huma trigger, 2 crabs (hermits I think) and a never seen engineer goby (but he is there).
That's all, I thought, until my wife showed me some new inhabitants.
What are these, should I get rid of them, and if so, how??
There are some centipede things at the top and some just plain wormy things at the bottom of the picture in the substrate.
Thanks,
Oz

al mc

Oz...The larger ones in the middle of the picture are bristle worms..common, usually harmless, eat detrius. The smaller ones are not something I have personally encountered. Hopefully someone with nmore experience will help us with those...I am interested in the answer to that myself.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the world of live rock fish tanks. There is no problems with what you got, in fact, feed them well and take good care of them.

crashbandicoot

Originally Posted by Beth
http:///forum/post/2560276
Welcome to the world of live rock fish tanks. There is no problems with what you got, in fact, feed them well and take good care of them.

Agreed . They help keep your tank clean and are a good thing . Some of the extremely larger ones have been known to cause problems in reef tanks . But that is far beyond what you have there . I am talking worms that ar over a foot long . They won't bother your fish and your fish sure wont bother them .

lightfrommoon

Originally Posted by ozmotron
http:///forum/post/2559763
This is not exactly disease, but I am certainly interested in treatment!!
We have a 150 gallon live sand, live rock aggressive tank. Current inhabitants include: porky puffer, leopard grouper, clown trigger, huma huma trigger, 2 crabs (hermits I think) and a never seen engineer goby (but he is there).
That's all, I thought, until my wife showed me some new inhabitants.
What are these, should I get rid of them, and if so, how??
There are some centipede things at the top and some just plain wormy things at the bottom of the picture in the substrate.
Thanks,
Oz

Will you put up some pics of your fish? I have a porc puffer too, he's awesome, but i want to put some other fish in with him and can't decide what would live with him. Plus, I have a large yellowlongnose butterfly in my other tank that's wreaking havoc on everything.
i don't know if i need to sell him or if i can put him in with my porc puffer.....?
help please!

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by Beth
http:///forum/post/2560276

Kind of surprised the Triggers don't eat them?

zeke92

i know the bigger ones are bristle worms but could someone link me to some info about the little white ones or tell me what they are? i don't have any but i'm interested in finding some info about them. thanks