worried about cesar

kmhusband

worried about cesar

[hr]
My brother bought a farm-raised percula clown two weeks ago. It is in a 6-gallon nano tank with a turbo snail. It is a full grown clown. One week after he purchased the pair, the clown began acting lethargic. Though it is eating, it is not eating regularly. All tests done on the water have been right on (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, etc). Temp is perfect. He is feeding dry pellets and frozen brine shrimp. No signs of ick or any other parasite. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

motorcity

Originally Posted by kmhusband
worried about cesar

[hr]
My brother bought a farm-raised percula clown two weeks ago. It is in a 6-gallon nano tank with a turbo snail. It is a full grown clown. One week after he purchased the pair, the clown began acting lethargic. Though it is eating, it is not eating regularly. All tests done on the water have been right on (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, etc). Temp is perfect. He is feeding dry pellets and frozen brine shrimp. No signs of ick or any other parasite. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

how often are you feeding Cesar, maybe he is just full? I feed my clowns once a day and you can tell when they are full because their stomach looks really bloated. Their stomach is back to normal by feeding time the next day.
When he is eating, is he real aggressive or kind of picky taking food in his mouth and then spitting it out? I feed my clowns a few different things but found that one of them does not like the arcti-pods. When I put a squirt of arcti-pods in the tank, he sort of acts like you are describing until I put his favorite brine shrimp in then he eats very aggressively. Maybe Cesar just doesnt like what you are feeding him?

A

azul1994

Also if he is a full grown clown he doesnt belong in a 6 gallon.