worried about temp

rykna

I would have to vote Kuda. I have 2 Kelloggi, their cornet is the tallest of the seahorses. The kuda have hardly any cornet.
here's pics of the 3

rykna

Originally Posted by squirreloso
yeah it does look like kuda, their just way to nice to be kellogi.
WWWHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAATTTT
My horses happen to be KELLOGGI....

tomtoothdoc

thank you for the compliments and the info. now i know they're kudas, are there anything different i need to change...like temp (about 76-78), salinity(1.024), food (frozen enriched mysis 2-3 times a day and enriched live brine once/twice a week in addition to the mysis), etc.
also the cb shrimps and the turbo snails appear to be cleaning the ponies and the frogfish every few days......is that normal?

this morning i saw logan drag a cb shrimp across the tank by its antennae....weird

squirreloso

Originally Posted by tomtoothdoc
thank you for the compliments and the info. now i know they're kudas, are there anything different i need to change...like temp (about 76-78), salinity(1.024), food (frozen enriched mysis 2-3 times a day and enriched live brine once/twice a week in addition to the mysis), etc.
also the cb shrimps and the turbo snails appear to be cleaning the ponies and the frogfish every few days......is that normal?

this morning i saw logan drag a cb shrimp across the tank by its antennae....weird

if everything is working dont change a thing. if it aint broke dont fix it

as for your cb, just keep an eye on him, make sure hes not attacking or biting causing wounds. the females are way more nastier than the males IMO.
you can tell the females by looking at her armpits, they will have a beautiful blue hue to them, females are also larger than the males.
as for shrimp personality they are the best. i was pretty upset to part with mine

texasmetal

This is a very interesting thread.
My girlfriend is a big seahorse fan, and I'm a big frogfish fan. There is no way I would put the two together, but I'm interested to see how this turns out... my frogs would look great in her pony/softy reef. :-D

tomtoothdoc

12-24-2007 12:40 PM
TexasMetal This is a very interesting thread.
My girlfriend is a big seahorse fan, and I'm a big frogfish fan. There is no way I would put the two together, but I'm interested to see how this turns out... my frogs would look great in her pony/softy reef. :-D
why wouldn't you put the two together? if you worry about the frogfish eating the seahorse, these are 2 inch A.maculatus... way too small to eat the sea horses, which are 5-6 inches. imo, i don't see any other reasons.

tomtoothdoc

Originally Posted by TexasMetal
This is a very interesting thread.

why wouldn't you put the two together? if you worry about the frogfish eating the seahorse, these are 2 inch A.maculatus... way too small to eat the sea horses, which are 5-6 inches. imo, i don't see any other reasons.