Worried!

bailey52

ok well I got the two perc on sat.. the one was breathing heavy and dies tues... tanks been up 9 motnhs... hes only in there with a damsel thats been in there for months.. he seems ok.. but he just wont eat.. Ive tried 4 diff types of flake and i use garlic.. all parameters in tank are good... what should I do? He still basically stays in the top of the tank...not trying to get air.. just hangin out like an inch from the surface... what should I do?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
What were the symptoms of the fish that died? Also, try something better than flakes.

R

reeffer

get live brine, shut off all current so he/she can see them swimming, this will entice the most picky eaters. next time acclimate them longer possibly

R

reeffer

did your other perc float near the top, lazily, and then end up laying on the bottom?

jafrench

Damsels are also aggressive, even though clowns are in the damsel family, they could still be getting harrassed. If you haven't seen it, it could be going on in the evening when you're asleep. This stress combined with that of a new home could cause it to expire.

bailey52

I see the damsel swim by it.. it doesnt seem to bother it.. anyway the other fish from day one was breathing heavy.. this one isnt... what besides brine.. heard it has no value...

bailey52

WEll today he is losing a lot of his color and his fins look frail.. he isnt eating... but wimming around the tank flimsly... I don think this is going to have a good outcome

ezee

Bailey,
You really should try to post symptoms so folks like Beth can assist you. It is possible that your clowns have Brooklynella. It is a very fast disease and can kill your fish overnight. Symptoms include whitish peeling skin, long stringy whitish feces and a possible tendency to float at the top. It is very contagious and not limited to clowns. Check it out in the disease forum.
E

bailey52

Well he/she has died... and now that I see your symptoms.. thats EXactly what it had.. the stringy stuff they both had hanging from them all day long... What is this disease.. how did they get it....???

ezee

Bailey,
Sorry about your loss. Brooklynella is nasty. Check out the Disease thread for more info. I could not find anything myself but try doing a search. If you have any other fish, watch them.
E

bailey52

just the damsel who has been in there forever.. he is fine.. besides all the snails I have I just added a coral banded shrimp today.

bailey52

If someone can help me with this disease.. Id be very appreciative.... I would like to know if they caught it in my tank, like i said only a damsel had been in there for 8 months previously and is fine.. the clowns looked great when I got them.. and if this was the disease that got them.. what does that mean for my tank? I put carbon in... I would like to order 2 more clowns.. but Im worried about the tank and what not.. what should I do?