Worst Christmas present you've received

happyvac

One year I received a pack of tissues from my sister.
Of course, that doesn't compare with the time she gave me a Christmas Card in which she wrote "You suck."
But nowadays she gives me good stuff, like CDs.

bjoe23

Originally Posted by HappyVac
One year I received a pack of tissues from my sister.
Of course, that doesn't compare with the time she gave me a Christmas Card in which she wrote "You suck."
But nowadays she gives me good stuff, like CDs.

t316

Just started reading this and I'm about to bust a gut

The hunting knife was really good

stdreb27

Once for christmas my grandpa wrapped up a bunch of books from the library and gave them to my grandma. Then reminded her that she needed to return them in time.

coral keeper

Originally Posted by stdreb27
Once for christmas my grandpa wrapped up a bunch of books from the library and gave them to my grandma. Then reminded her that she needed to return them in time.

gnorman

Originally Posted by ruaround
I live in Meridian... we got alot of rain that froze but no snow... the Mnts are covered though...
haha small world, my brother lives there

ruaround

Originally Posted by GNorman
haha small world, my brother lives there
indeed it is a small world!!!

teresaq

a couple of yrs ago, my husband step grandmother got everyone a huge box of act II popcorn, even the kids. We ended up with about 40 bags. Hummmm I guess she thought we liked a lot of popcorn

jerthunter

Wow, I guess I am lucky, I cannot say that I have ever gotten a BAD Christmas present, I mean it is FREE.
If I had to pick a worst it would be having the luxury of spending Christmas Eve/Christmas day working with a bunch of people I really didn't care for.
Now the best gift would probably be something like socks, useful and there isn't generally an issue with the sizes.

sepulatian

We had this thread topic last year and it was just so funny to see what people get from relatives they hardly ever see! My best was a bright purple t-shirt with a big teddy bear and a rainbow on it from my Aunt when I was like 15. At the time I wore all black, had half my head (the underside) shaved and my blond hair was died black. I wore black nail polish and entirely too much mascara and eyeliner. And here was this obnoxiously purple shirt. I called her and thanked her though. This was over 10 years ago and still makes me laugh. I wore the shirt once (to bed) but still have it.

keri

Every year from about 12-18 my granny would give me a $50 gift certificate to "Northern Reflections" an old lady/cottage wear store (like picture purple sweaters with ducks and loons on them and floral printed leggings)...and every year I would buy $50 worth of socks. She meant well at least :) I think the store has gotten slightly more modern since then....but she doesn't get me them anymore :)

nigerbang

One year I got a box of Frozen Snow Peas..They were not frozen by the time they got to GA from KS, mailed USPS mind you, They came with a Wok and a thing of Chow Mein noodles and $5, then I read the card..It was for me and my sis to split...Same Aunt the year after..Mailed me a Brick...A nice Red Brick..

reefkprz

right on... my father was stationed there for 10 years...
mine was stationed there about that long. your names not geof isit?

earlybird

i have gotten several of those sweaters that grandmothers think are adorable... and end up in your closet never to be worn...

Ha I once received from my Aunt a sweater like the one Bill Cosby used to wear.
Originally Posted by Jerthunter

If I had to pick a worst it would be having the luxury of spending Christmas Eve/Christmas day working with a bunch of people I really didn't care for.
Here here. I love being at my own home for Christmas.

renogaw

Every year i get the same thing from an aunt i never see. the next year's calender, usually christian themed (as if the calender wasn't bad enough). i think she's in denial about my beliefs...