Worst injury

coral keeper

Originally Posted by PerfectDark
http:///forum/post/2525089
ummmmmm....... ouch... and ughggghghghgghhggggghhhhhh........
Reading that made my stomach feel funny.... blahhhh that does not sound pleasant at all..
I would opt for the heat gun on my leg.... been there done that. Had a leister heat gun, the kind that melts PVC roof membrane land on the palm of my hand. 700+ degrees yea it left a mark... but ill take it again over the belly button thing.
Lets see, blew my knee cap off my leg to the right about 3 inches.... not a good day.. had surgury all better now. That was prob my worst experience. I did fall about 60ft out of a tree once but I was fortunate enough to bounce off of about 150 branches on the way down, get stabed by about 20 of them and then land on my brother who was laughing at me the whole ride down. Irony of it all is when I landed on him he fell and smashed his elbow on a rock and chipped it... LOL. Yea I laughed back at him....
LOL!

reefraff

Broke right ankle.
Broke right wrist.
Broke 9 teeth.
Cracked pelvis.
Broke left hip socket.
All in the same car wreck

Was doing about 65 when I heard a loud noise. Remember thinking to myself "Wow, I just got hit head on and I aint dead". Funny how I have no memory of a minute or so before the wreck but I remember every friggin second from the point of impact until I got my first dose of morphine at the hospitial.
Important saftey tip boys and girls. If you're driving a Nissan pick up and get hit head on. When the truck starts it's uncontrolled left hand turn, do try to stop or at least turn away from the 20 foot deep bar ditch. Nissan didn't design the truck for soft landings once airborn. And trust me, getting hit head on, isn't so bad. The cars bounce off each other. When you fly into the side of a ditch, it don't move

perfectdark

Oh yea.. forgot... it didnt happen directly to me but I was involved. I shot my best friend in the butt with a BB gun at about 10'. Im sure its not his worst injury ever but I know that to this day he still recalls it. That was about 17 years ago, and it doest sit well with him.
LOL LOL
Get it, sit well with him.... you know cuz he got shot in the....and sitting..... and..... ohhh forget it...
well that really did happen though and I know it must of hurt like nothing else because he must of jumped up and down for about 10 minutes... And to this day when he does something childish to me, I always hear... oh and that was for when you shot me in the butt with that BB gun.

perfectdark

Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///forum/post/2525128
Broke right ankle.
Broke right wrist.
Broke 9 teeth.
Cracked pelvis.
Broke left hip socket.
All in the same car wreck

Was doing about 65 when I heard a loud noise. Remember thinking to myself "Wow, I just got hit head on and I aint dead". Funny how I have no memory of a minute or so before the wreck but I remember every friggin second from the point of impact until I got my first dose of morphine at the hospitial.
Important saftey tip boys and girls. If you're driving a Nissan pick up and get hit head on. When the truck starts it's uncontrolled left hand turn, do try to stop or at least turn away from the 20 foot deep bar ditch. Nissan didn't design the truck for soft landings once airborn. And trust me, getting hit head on, isn't so bad. The cars bounce off each other. When you fly into the side of a ditch, it don't move

Well you know what they say.. its not the fall that kills you its that sudden stop at the end....
And to quote a movie... One of my favorite lines. "Do you know what the best part about pain is?" "Pain lets you know that you're not dead yet."

hillius31

Well I was 17 which was 4 years ago, I cracked my left hip, fractured my left elbow, fractured my left wrist, destroyed my left knee cap, fractured my left ankle, and broke 4 left ribs, Oh and I had rocks shoved all the way through both of my hands plus road rash from my neck down all that from one wreck. I guess me, a dirt bike, and a gravel road dont mix. I had my dirt bike pegged out...It was bouncing of the rev limiter. Came over the top of a hill and my buddy was right in my path, so I locked my bike up, front tire turned all the way to the right and I went flying. I landed 60 feet from the bike and slip on the gravel for about 90 yards. The funny thing is I didnt think I was hurt. I picked my bike up and rode it 6 miles back to the cabin...then I went into shock. Yeah not a good time at all.
Justin

spiderwoman

By far the worst for me is when I was 22 and pulled my back so bad that the disc between 4th and 5th lipped into the spinal column and it had to be surgically removed 6 months after it happened. The pain I was in for those 6 months is undescribable. I still get that pain from time to time but it's nothing compared to then.

lexluethar

Broke my nose three times. (very messy)
Broke my wrist once. (not that bad)
Had to get 15 stitches above my eye. (very messy)
All while playing the non-contact sport of soccer, hooray!
Broke my arm once in a car accident.

wangotango

I hurt my wrist a long time ago and every so often it will lock up and I have to twist it with my other hand to get it moving again.
I slipped on some ice and landed on my hand. Didn't stop though, kept sliding down the pavement dragging my hand behind me. Tore all the skin off from the base of my pinky to my wrist. Little pieces of gravel imbedded in my palm too.
No broken bones though

-Justin

gliderjohn

I spent 4 years fighting forest fires and got nothing more than a sprained ankle.
I got married, took the trash out, and gashed my right calf on a broken peanut butter jar that was in the trash bag. Wound up with 13 stitches.
After I got the bleeding stopped, my wife thought the injury was cool because she could actually see the muscles in my leg!!!

shogun323

I am almost completely recovered from a grade 2 separation in my shoulder from a ATV crash. That sucked.

gliderjohn

And then there was the time, when I was six, that I ran into a parked car. Literally!. I was running and ran smack-dab into the left rear taillight of my aunt's 1960-ish white Ford Falcon.
I had a habit of looking at my feet when I ran because if I was looking up everything appeared to be bouncing around. It would make me very dizzy.
I wound up with a huge gash on the top of my head, a humongus staple to close it, and feeling dizzier than I ever had!
Yup, I learned from that moment on to really watch where I was going!

fishy.....

Cut off my right index finger with a radial arm saw with a dedo blade and damaged the three other fingers on that hand.
I had a rod in my middle finger for over a month so the tendon could re-attach so it looked like I was constantly giving everyone the finger.
Luckily I only ended up loosing the index finger.

crashbandicoot

missing one pinky finger due to firearm malfunction
missing tip of index finger due to meat slicer
stitches in palm of hand due to butterfly knife box cutting ninja style
stitches in my head in three different places
1 bad knee from skateboarding wrecks
2 bad ankles from skateboarding
metal plate in my neck from car wreck
dislocated should from snowboarding
broken nose from fighting in school
broken nose from fighting at the mall
broken nose from mother being an abusive drinker
dislocated should from not taping out of an arm bar
multiple concusions from skateboarding
slipped disk in lower back from carrying a portable generator by my self
Sure I forgot a few but thats the bread and butter

bigarn

Originally Posted by Crashbandicoot
http:///forum/post/2525975
Yeah hence the missing finger tip from meat cutter as well as the missing pinky finger and one broken nose from my mom .
OOOps .... guess I posed the wrong question ... Sorry.

matt b

dislocated left elbow 3 times. fractured right elbow once. all from aggressive inline skating

jtrzerocool

i had stiches in my cheek...i thought i was going to be cool in front of my friends one day when i was like 10 and i jumped out of my tree fort the was about 15 feet in the air...needless to say i couldnt support my weight when i landed and ate my knee for lunch...teeth went through my cheek...live 'n learn...