Worst skimmer in the world

bvdov

I have a Red Sea Prism Pro Delux. I have had it for several months and have still not been able to get it to skim consistently. Do you guys have any suggestions? Thanks!

drakken

I've had 2 of these skimmers and they work pretty good. Make sure the air tube isn't leaking and the intake is seated properly.
Is yours bubbling at the throat of the collection cup?

I have one ane it is the best $170.00 I have ever spent. :D Just keep adjusting the air intake and flow and it will work. I too was confused at first but now I am at peace with my skimmer! :yes: Use the FORCE it will guide you! :yes:

acrylic51

It's a neat little skimmer but you do have to tinker with it.....I do think their rating capacity is a bit high though

sw65galma

Originally Posted by bvdov
I have a Red Sea Prism Pro Delux. I have had it for several months and have still not been able to get it to skim consistently. Do you guys have any suggestions? Thanks!
Heres what you do.
First make sure the little air line is connected to the right spot on the container...I had mine on the wrong one. I think one is to get it to siphon.
Then put it at it the slowest setting.
Then ever so slighly open it up...wait 10 mins after each movement. And i mean little tiny just barely moving it...like a minute on a clock..
after the 10 mins check to see where the bubbles average out to be.. keep adjusting till the average bubbles are at the base of the collection cup starts to shrik.
You should wait another 10 mins and no bubbles should have over flowed into the cup yet,
Now if you go to much and bubbles start going into the collection cup..
DO NOT TURN IT DOWN....
Instead start completly over at the slowest position...
Let it sit a day or so, and you should start seeing green in your collection cup.
Good luck, I have 2.

ballyhoo

I got a custom sea life after I decided to use my seaclone as a paper weight and what a difference! I just plugged it in and opened up the air valve and I haven't touched it again. It takes out in one day what my seaclone takes out in one week!

flatzboy

Originally Posted by bvdov
First take the skimmer outside and smash it to pieces with a baseball bat, then search online for a "real" skimmer like euro-reef, aqua c, my reef creations, barr aquatics, pm and so on... Then call up the guy who sold you the POS and threaten to smash him with a baseball bat if he evers sells one of those POS prizm skimmers to someone again.