would a snowflake eel be ok in community ?

nimo1969

They are so cool
Its A eel ( so what do you think ) I'm going to make my tank community tank ( tankmates has follow )
1.clowns Q=2
2.chromis Q=4
3.drwaf angle bio color
4.power blue tang
5.fox lo
6.six line wrasse
some 3-5 inch fish not sure ?????
OK BE OR NO WAY
:thinking:
NIMO1969

halo_frk03

well it would probably eat anything that it could fit in his mouth which might be.. the clowns , chromis, and maybe six line

nicetry

Originally Posted by HaLo_Frk03
well it would probably eat anything that it could fit in his mouth which might be.. the clowns , chromis, and maybe six line
Not really accurate. SFE's are not fish eater's by nature. Keeping them fed regularly and conditioning them to eat from a feeding stick can prevent them from blindly lashing out at unsuspecting fish. Most injuries to fish kept with these eels happens when a fish gets too close to the eel while it is trying to snag some food. Use of a feeding stick will let them eat predictably. I've kept large SFE's with small chromis, juvi clowns, etc and no harm was done.

wilsonreef

I agree with nicetry....I have had a SFE in my reef for about 18 months and it doesn't bother anything. I feed mine by hand though...

phoenixfla

Originally Posted by nicetry
Not really accurate. SFE's are not fish eater's by nature. Keeping them fed regularly and conditioning them to eat from a feeding stick can prevent them from blindly lashing out at unsuspecting fish. Most injuries to fish kept with these eels happens when a fish gets too close to the eel while it is trying to snag some food. Use of a feeding stick will let them eat predictably. I've kept large SFE's with small chromis, juvi clowns, etc and no harm was done.
I agree also - especially the part about regular feedings!

monalisa

Originally Posted by nimo1969
150 tank

It's probably a good idea to update your profile in this case.
Lisa :happyfish

paul p

They are voracious eaters. I had one that made a breakfast of one of my turbo snails. They have an amazing sense of smell and can hunt down a peice of shrimp in short order...you must keep them full!