Would anyone like a cool Screen Saver

atlfish

Ok, it is going to take a minute to get all your e-mail address down but I will get to everyone. Looking at all the replies, I have recieved good advise from just about all of you so this is my thank you!

gamedawg

I had that for a while, it was a free trial. After the free trial I guess, it froze up my computer everytime I tried to move the mouse to wake it up, so I just deleted it off my computer. There is a shark one too, and you can pick your sharks, but that one froze up my computer before I even got to see it work.

atlfish

No guys it's free! I have had mine for quite some time, no problems at all! A buddy of mine gave it to me. I think I had that other one before as well, but this one is different or someone actually bought it and sent it to their friends or something. But like I say I had no problems yet. And if so, I can just down load just about any program from lime wire. Awsome download site, just awsome! computer software, pictures, music, anything. they even have virus protection!

atlfish

Originally Posted by Beth
Isn't it a website?
no it's an actual program, Beth. And will somebody please e-mail me back so I know you got it. I sent it to just about everyone who asked. Just want to know if it worked for everyone, because I love mine. It's the only reef tank I will ever have!

zman1

AtlFish,
Please don't take offense at what I am about to say.
Never accept an executable/installable program in email from anyone you don't know. This is how key loggers are installed by unsuspecting victims and a method of virus propagation. If you don't know the person truly, it's best not to take a chance.
If it's freeware, then list the name and any other pertinent information under the Help/About window. You can search the WEB for a download site. Sites like Zdnet and many others offer these Freeware and Shareware utilities/applications. Understand they will have a disclaimer or hold harmless clause. Chances are that if it is a true attempt to share information, then you can find it on one of these sites and don't need it emailed to you.

This is just good advice. Please don't take it personally, AltFish.....

ophiura

It is good sound advice zman1 - I totally agree with that. This day and age I just don't think you can be too safe. :(