Would this light be overkill on 26Gal bow front

reefchaser

Coralife Aqualight Pro Metal Halide Aquarium Light Fixture, 1X150W HQI & 2X65W Compact Fluorescents, 24 inch
Just looking for opinions here before I buy. Thanks
I have some lps and a maxima clam but I think I need more light. Under 130 watts of PC at the moment

reefraff

Great light for your tank.
150 watt halides aren't really very powerful but should be plenty for what you are doing. Just try to keep the clam under the halide reflector as much as possible.

reefchaser

Sweet thanks for the help, but I think I will get my RO/DI unit this check and light next. The clam is living but not thriving so I think I will be okay for two more weeks. The clam has been in the tank for two months and is still alive, so thanks agian for your help.

reefraff

You should spot feed the Clam now. It takes them a long time to starve and to recover so even once you get the light you need to give him a lil extra to get him back on the right track.

reefchaser

Oh I already ordered the RO/DI, and I am feeding DT's every other day so I think it will be okay. By the way I have been feeding DT's ever since i got the clam, but i will def. be geting a new light soon.
Thanks for all of your help.