would this lighting be ok?

schnutzzy

Yes, You can have anything with that setup. I run the same setup over a 72 bowfront and keep anything out there. Good luck. If I may ask, what price?

mr_x

Originally Posted by J.P
http:///forum/post/2652173
o and would u recomend this light?

i do not recommend this light.
lousy bulbs and lousy ballasts. you will end up replacing them.
a good quality fixture with those specs, and yes, you can keep anything, but there is a good chance you will be dis-satisfied.

chilwil84

if your not handy with replacing parts spend the money on a better fixture. as x said the bulb and ballast are garbage. if you okay with doing these changes its as good as the coralife(once changes are made)

j.p

what fixture would you recomend? and would this still be cheaper even if i replaced the lights and ballasts?

chilwil84

i think it would probably be a little cheaper replacing the parts. in that price range i like the current usa products. coralife is in the same class but i think the current stock bulbs are better and a better product overall.

mr_x

you could buy a dual hqi ballast, and a pair of phoenix bulbs, and you have yourself an awesome fixture.

koesterkep

i like the outer orbit hqi, t5ho with moon light fixture, expensive but well worth it, will provide all the lights you could want MH, actinic and moonlights.