Would this list do in a 180gal. tank?

pat713

2 Blue Hippo's, 3 Clowns, 1 Cleaner Wrasse, 4 Black Seahorse (2 pairs), 1 Engeneer Goby, 3 Blue Reef Chromis, 2 Bangaii Cardinal, 1 Royal Gramma, 1 Lawnmower Blenny, I was also thinking of having an angel that stays under 5" and is reef safe, and 1 yellow watchman goby with a few shrimp.
I'd have abot 200lbs of live rock, and a mixture of dead and live sand. The tank size isn't certain yet, and might be anywhere from 150 to 215. I'd perfer as large as possible without overcrowding our living room, so no longer than 5 feet.
How's the live stock look?

091tck

ya that sounds allright but you would need to watch the blue tangs cuz they might fight. But if they are added a t the same time than they would astablish their territory at the same time. And idk about the seehorses they can be hard to keep in a large aquarium
:happyfish

S

surfinusa

i wouldnt do the sea horses with all those fish they will get the food before the sea horses can

pat713

If I do have the Seahorses, I would hand feed them the Brine and Feeder shrimp to prevent the fish eating all their food. My wife just wants them, so what I might do is have a smaller (20-30g) tank made just for them.

N

nereef

I have some suggestions.
i would go with 2 clowns instead of 3. 2 will pair up and kill the other one.
i would do, like you said, a smaller species only tank for the sea horses.
cleaner wrasses aren't very hardy. neon cleaner gobies would probably be a better choice.
yellow watchmans are pretty small. a bigger watchman might look better in a big tank.
why not mix it up with the tangs? go with a hippo and a sailfin, or yellow, or powder brown, or a fox face.

teresaq

I agree with not putting the seahorses in there with all those fish. do a search on seahorse.org. They would do much better in a tank with just a few small fish, or no fish at all.

pat713

I might make my current 10g. into a seahorse tank with about 10lbs LR and 15lbs LS. I just have to gather all the prices and such to make my current tank suitable for a Seahorse tank.

coachklm

Originally Posted by NEreef
I have some suggestions.
cleaner wrasses aren't very hardy. neon cleaner gobies would probably be a better choice.
yellow watchmans are pretty small. a bigger watchman might look better in a big tank.
why not mix it up with the tangs? go with a hippo and a sailfin, or yellow, or powder brown, or a fox face.

pat713

Originally Posted by NEreef
I have some suggestions.

How many of those tangs would fit into a 150+ gal. tank?

N

nereef

depends what tangs. if you do my suggested stock list, you could probably do about 4(give or take depending on what tangs).