would this tank be Overstocked ?

btldreef

Originally Posted by aussie260
http:///forum/post/3164524
considering that the smallest fish i am getting is a dwarf angel , if i dont get the eel is a lobster something i could go for ?
I had a small reef lobster in my tank for 3 hours and it nipped my mandarin. They're pretty, but not worth it

tank a holic

http:///forum/post/3164537
even with its venomous spikes ? by the way i am not going to get the large angelfish , just one of the dwarf angels
perhaps i have the wrong idea about a lionfish, i am thinking that all that needs to happen is for a lionfish to somehow touch another fish with its large spikes and it could kill it .Is this not the case ?
the lion cant just brush up against another fish and kill it, it needs to try basically
as for the angel's and other fish, they take notice of the threat of a lion
they'll start tearing at the long fins of the lion and get him stressed, then attack the eyes and eventually kill him, this will happen frequently at night as during the day the smaller fish will hide
most of the compatability charts show that bigger fish are ok with lion's but thats because the lion cant eat them...... not concidering that they will attack the lion
you may get by with angel's and lion's together, I guess it all depends on the fish
but if you go this route, monitor very closely for several days, at the first sign of trouble you need to get the lion out

aussie260

made some changes to my stock list , i have placed them in the order they will be added to the tank and listed how old the tank will be.
yellow tang and purple tangs (3 months)
blue tang (6 months)
bicolor angel (9 months )
racoon butterlfy (12 months )
green bird wrasse (15 months)
snowflake eel ( 18 months )

meadbhb

Hiya,
I'd set up a few of those empty tanks and get some of the live rock. If it's already cured, all you need to do is put a few powerheads in the tank to keep the water moving. They don't have to have light unless you want to try and salvage what may be still growing on it.
Meadbhb

jay0419

i have a very large lion and he get along with everyone in my tank
i have a snowfake and a yellow tang and a niger and they get along just fine eel and lion are hand fed well lion with tongs but eel eats outt my hand
my lion is the coolest fish i ever had

crypt keeper

http:///forum/post/3165938
made some changes to my stock list , i have placed them in the order they will be added to the tank and listed how old the tank will be.
yellow tang and purple tangs (3 months)
blue tang (6 months)
bicolor angel (9 months )
racoon butterlfy (12 months )
green bird wrasse (15 months)
snowflake eel ( 18 months )
You want to add your yellow and purple last. These two tangs are very aggressive and will cause issues for any new fish added.
also buy the live rock get a huge tub. Place two powerheads in there and a heater. This will keep the rock alive. You just need to make a mark where the water line is and replace that water with freshwater as the water evaporates.

saltwaterri

I agree with the crypt keeper, I made the mistake of putting a purple and yello tang Even my flame angle in my tank and I tryed to put in a powder brown and they killed him, I tryed again to put in a scopas tang and they are kicking his but. I had to pull him back out. I am haveing trouble putting in new fish .I have kept rock alive in a rubbermaid bucket with 2 Pumps and a light for 2 mounths.

aussie260

if i take out the purple tang do i have room for a clown trigger ?
do you guys agree that the racoon is the easiest butterfly to care for and that the snowflake is the easiest of the eels ?

aussie260

changed my mind on the stock list , looking at
2 clowns
yellow tang
purple tang
flamed angel
racoon butterfly
emp angel
either a blue tang or a blond naso tang
the only fish that will need a bigger tank once fully grown are the emp angel and blue/naso tang .assuming i buy them as small as possible how long will i have until i need to upgrade ?