Would this work?

Hi, i'm thinking of getting a 200 gallon tank, with a a 3 in. bursa triggerfish, a 2 1/2 inch clown triggerfish, a 1 1/2 inch undulated triggerfish, and a 4 in. angel.

skirk

I disagree with putting lions and triggers together and wouldn't take that suggestion, but that's just me. The two fish have totally different personalities or temperments. Whenever I see them together, the lions not happy. Perhaps someone else does this but I wouldn't suggest it. I guess it depends on how much you care for your fish and want to match them up with fish that are alike. Lions tend to be very relaxed or docile while triggs tend to be sketchy and very active. Usually lions don't like this much activity going on around them. But like I said, it depends on how nit picky you wanna get. This is something that I personally just won't do. HTH and just my 2cents.

skirk

Oh yeah, I wouldn't get the undulate trigger either though. I'd perhaps keep what you've suggested and add a niger instead of the undulate. I'm not so sure about putting an angel in there either (or at least depending on which one you're talking about). Some may work and some may not. Many get very huge and I wouldn't go with them in that small of a tank. I know, I know...the tanks not small, but with a clown trigger and the others 200 gal will get used up b4 you know it.

pufferlover

undulate triggers should be kept by themselves and every article I have read on them states that. They may start out fine but at some point they go over the edge and become very nasty. If you noticed where they are for sale they are almost at give away prices due to the fact that many but them for the color and price not knowing what is going to happen in time.

wow 200 gallon tank? this is what i would do i would drop the angel and undulated, because the angel isnt ment for a aggressive tank,(unless it is a king, but that is pufferlovers department) and the undulated is way to mean to be with other fish (imo). with a 200 i would do this setup, bursa,clown,harlequin tusk, huge puffer( large dogface or golden puffer) maybe some kind of eel/lionfish. you could even throw in a large purpple or yellow tang.