Wow! Barry Bonds Finally Indited!

ruaround

i dont get where youre coming from... i asked Cowfish if he would still like the cheater and still proclaim his innocence... not how big of a TOOL the cheater was...

cowfishrule

yes, i would still like him.
i think he is an amazing player before and after the "alleged" roids.
look, the money that mlb is the biggest bait trap i've ever seen.
look at it this way:
if your 22 and see that you can make what Payrod makes, or your 38 and trying to squeeze another season or 2 out, and somebody comes along and says "take this magic potion and you'll be fine", can you blame them?
i dont.
i can almost guarantee that there are several "star" players that are all juiced up.
and, theoretically, the most they can do is take away his hr record. mcqwire and palmiero (sp) both also denied using roids. palmeiro tanked a drug test not too long later, and nothing happened. so why did raf get away and barry is being indicted ?
doesnt this seem shady to anyone?

ruaround

yes i can blame them for cheating... they make a choice to break the rules and make the game a fraud... i hope all those guys go down and all the records get striped!!! none of them deserve to be in Cooperstown either!!!

theappe3

its true though about the "star" roided players packing the stadiums.... everything in this world is a business and if someone figures out a way to make more money they usually always turn the blind eye and let bad stuff happen while thier pockets get fat. I think all athletes are way over paid anyways. Im sure more than half of them would stop playing if the salaries would come down....

jmick

I agree that there are many professional athletes who cheat and truthfully we as a society embrace most of them. Take Lance Armstrong for example, this guy was pumping custom roids and enhancers left and right and no one seems to come down on him for it, hell how many races did he win being artificially enhanced? The thing about it is, he's a likeable guy and we want him to win and succeed.
With Barry it's the opposite, he's truculent, racist, a bad teammate, possible woman abuser, envious and an all around bad guy and these are the reasons people hate him, not because he cheats. Truth be told, so many ball players take them these days its makes it less of an advantage.
I was listening to one of the chemist who used to work at Balco on the radio a few months back and according to him, the custom drugs they use are light years ahead of the tests and it's extremely hard to design new tests to test for the drugs. Also, not being able to do blood tests makes it much harder.

cowfishrule

Originally Posted by Jerthunter
It is great to see that the government is focusing on the really important issues here.
seriously.
ever notice that with all of the sports strikes that went on, the govt has only stepped in on the mlb one of umm, 94 i think?
the nhl actually cancelled a season, and the govt didnt care.