Wow my 5" Porcupine Puffer has disappeared

nordy

My dogface puffer jumped out my tank years ago and I found him on the floor expired when I came home from work.
He seemed pretty happy and more personality than most cats.

prime311

Well he was a victim of carpet surfing. I found him wedged between a coule of test kits in my stand. How he got there I'm not really sure, he must've rebounded off the back wall or something. Sucks :(

crypt keeper

that is big fish to jump out your tank how open is it?
That really sucks. I lost a few fish that way. My first SFE did that. He got pretty far from the tank it was under my desk about 3 feet from the tank. It really sucks

prime311

The back 4" or so of the tank is uncovered. Still seems like odd behavior from a Puffer. Maybe he thought he saw food, I dunno.

kjr_trig

Wow, surprising and disappointing to say the least....How was that smelling by the time you found him?

krazykarel

Originally Posted by prime311
http:///forum/post/2904979
Well he was a victim of carpet surfing. I found him wedged between a coule of test kits in my stand. How he got there I'm not really sure, he must've rebounded off the back wall or something. Sucks :(
Bummer, but at least now you know what happened. Good luck with your next one.
Where do you think he jumped out of?

stdreb27

Think about it, puffers like to pace the tank so to speak. Side to side, up and down in a corner, maybe he got carried away, and went to far up. I know my dogface would occationally jump up and hit the cover of the tank while pacing.

taz5

My last puffer was 3 inches and disappeared for a week.
When feeding fish were not eating, next day we did our weekly cleaning and found that the other fish were at the buffet. Poor puffer.
Sorry to hear about your puffer.
My wife and kids love the puffer.