Wow!!

nm reef

The site has changed since early this morning.... :thinking:
There will undoubtedly be a few bugs to work out but I'm sure the new version will work out just fine. I remember the last time the site was undated....this will be the same as before. Be patient and be sure to point out problems so they can be addressed. I wonder if the attachment feature is working?

nm reef

Hmmmm...pics don't show up only links to them. Well...thats a change that'll take some getting used to. :thinking:

nm reef

Hmmmm....worked fine with a single attachment and provided links with more than one attachment......things they be a changin'
Please be patient folks I'm sure this will eventually prove to be a quality upgrade.....I remember the last time the site changed format ... it'll take some time to work out the bugs and get used to the new system. :thinking:

annanymous

im sorry to butt in like this, but i just purchased a blastomussa and have no idea how to acclimate it? can anyone help me out?

golfish

be nice if the admin would give in and let us use the PM feature..its not like we can't talk private via e-mail or PM's on the other BB's

scotts

Hey NM, so uh...dude.....what is that a picture of? Guessing it is some kind of shroom, is it really that orange in real life. So what does a guy have to do to hook a brother up with one of those?
Scott

stuckinfla

It also seems that all pics from previous posts (before upgrade) are gone.....oh well......I kina like it :)

I do like the upgrade. Not kissin any *** but, i wanted to offer a thank you to swf.com for this. Being a computer guy, i know how hard and frustrating upgrades can be sometime. It can really get in my nerves (and i get paid to do it!!) This site offers this board for free.
Once again, thanks swf.com, many orders from me-n-my-fish to come!!!

nm reef

Originally Posted by annanymous
im sorry to butt in like this, but i just purchased a blastomussa and have no idea how to acclimate it? can anyone help me out?
I've never kept a blastomussa myself...once had a coral kind of like a blasto ....moderate lighting and stable tank worked fine. What kind of light was it under where you bought it from....what conditions do you have. Most corals I add are just light acclamated. I place them low and move them after they've adjusted to the new surroundings.

nm reef

Originally Posted by golfish
be nice if the admin would give in and let us use the PM feature..its not like we can't talk private via e-mail or PM's on the other BB's
With the multitudes of means to instant message I really see no point in having private messages here. Most discussion can easily take place here and there is always email or any of a number of means to text messages back and forth. Even at the other forums I rarely send/recieve private messages. Besides.....its not our house...we just visit. :happyfish

nm reef

Originally Posted by Scotts
Hey NM, so uh...dude.....what is that a picture of? Guessing it is some kind of shroom, is it really that orange in real life. So what does a guy have to do to hook a brother up with one of those?
Scott
Red 'shroom....I've had them for a few years....but they no longer reside in my display...a few locals have them now. I did have a couple in the new system...but I think they've been overrun and the 1000+ watts of VHO/MH didn't agree with them.Here is a pic of one of them behind a flourishing colony of furry 'shrooms.

nm reef

Stukinfla....I heard a rumor that the size issues will soon be resolved. I'd bet that the appearence will soon change....but I suppose change takes time and always creates issues...... :thinking:

nm reef

Originally Posted by me-n-my-fish
I do like the upgrade. Not kissin any *** but, i wanted to offer a thank you to swf.com for this. Being a computer guy, i know how hard and frustrating upgrades can be sometime. It can really get in my nerves (and i get paid to do it!!) This site offers this board for free.
Once again, thanks swf.com, many orders from me-n-my-fish to come!!!
Had to bleep out the nasty word.....lots of young folks around and others that may take exception to such language. But ... your comments were interesting. I imagine it is rather difficult to establish and maintain a site like this. I once taught myself how to write HTML code to develop a personal website and that simple process drove me nuts!!! :)

nm reef

Pwesonally...after playin' with the new format a couple of times I think eventually we'll seldom miss the old one....I'd bet in no time this one will function and appear even better than before.
Another pic to pass away the time..The attachment feature is a bit different but it does seem to be working much better than the past few months with the old system.....

annanymous

thnx NM reef
they are thriving in my tank now for alredy over 2 weeks. i read somewhere that they dont like current at all, and dim or indirect light is best for them. so thats what i did, except i put them under very light current. i've gotten few new polyps from thenmother colony. original was around 40-43 heads . now its more like 45-50. and they keep getting larger in diameter. lol. they used to be under PC in the LFS, but omnly for few days i suspect. they looked much better in my tank then theirs, which is usaly not the case.
anyhow, thnx for a speedy reply, oh and by the way, i just want to tell u that i simly LOOOOOOOOOOOVE ur tank

jimlssc24

Originally Posted by golfish

I agree golfish

phatcam

Just to say.....i can see all of the pictures you posted NM even the first ones... They are all great.

shawnts106

Hey Nm, is that a Blueline Derasa?... I just got one of those about a week ago for my tank, under 440Watts of VHOS, 1 aqualight 10K, 2 Actinics and a 50/50
Its looking very good so far as coloration goes, I have heard that you can keep Derasas, Gigis and Hippos under VHOS, so I decided to try a derasa... VERY PLEASED WITH IT!.. I also got a frag of Red Table Acro today JUST to see what it would do in the tank. The color is the EXACT same from its tank at the LFS, Green stalk with red blooms.... the same color.. WOW, my red and orange Digitatas werent!... anyway, I keep my Ca about 500 ppm and the Alk around 8dkh or so, I forget, I need to test it again!
OH BTW: the Alveopora is growing MORE AND MORE everyday... has doubled in size since the last time I took a picture... and has a bit of new growth you can see at night when its fairly closed up...
I want MH on this tank, I found a site online talking about you could get these 30$ 175 balasts with bulbs 65K, at home depot and some PVC box... looks fairly easy... Im tempted to drive an hour and get some LOL!
what do you think?... I would want 2 250watt halides on my 75 for a total of 6.6wpg... I would go with Blueline or Hamilton 14,000K... I LOVE that lighting.. my FAVORTESTEST IN THE WOERLDDD!!! LOL
What type of lighting and what K do you have on your tank NM... itsnt it a 180? or 150... sorry to ask I KNOW you must be asked this 50zillion times!!
thanks a bunches!