wow

dragracer

ok, I have been in the hobby for several years now, and have always done FOWLR. Actually thats still where I am at, but over the years I never saw any reason to go out and spend mega bucks on all this "fancy" lighing. Previous to this I had a 29 gallon FOWLR with an aqua light pro two 55w 50/50's and a 150 w 15k MH. Recently a freind of mine got out of the hobby and literally gave me everything he has except for a tank. This included a ballast and bulbs for two 175w MH's. Well I dug the 75 out of storage and set it up......moved everything over from the 29.....EVERYTHING...LR, LS and all the water, plus water for another well established tank. Well within the past 12 days all I can say is HOLY CRAP!!! What a HUGE difference the lighting has made to my tank........the colors, the clarity....the overall appearance just blows my mind. My fish even seem happier......and I am finally sucessfully keeping a LTA for my clowns........just my little feel good story for the day.

wade163

i compleatly understand...i have a 75g and i had just a shop light with a natural white bulb, and plant bulb...it was like aint no way in the world imma spend hundreds on a light...yea right. Well i know someone who gave me a obit lighting system with the blue atinic lights, and some bright white light...ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW. What a difference. I found some things in my tank that I didnt even know was in there...the color on my clowns, and racoon NICE...

dragracer

Thanks!!
corals may come in the future..right now I am about 2 weeks away from my wife having our first baby, so I most likely won't be adding anything to the tank until things calm down a bit........I may try some corals now that I have the lighting.....we'll see, time will tell.

premilove

congrats on becoming a father. i hope all the best for your new addition to your family. good luck man.

dragracer

thank you very much, we are looking forward to it......won't know what it is until we're holding it either!