Wrasse Compatability

kopczynski

I currently have a 60 gallon reef tank (that is 4' long) with a kole tang, a starcki damsel, and a four line wrasse. I was wondering whether a red-line wrasse would end up fighting with my four line wrasse? The four line has been in the tank for about 2 weeks and doesn't seem to bother any one. If the red-line is bigger would that minimize the potential aggression?

trigger40

i didnt know wrasses wher aggressive. but i would make shur the new comer is bigger than everyone else to minimise aggression.

kopczynski

The wrasses with the genus Pseudocheilinus tend to more aggressive, in particular the six line wrasse, the four lines tend to be more docile but I was wondering if anyone who has been in the hobby longer than myself knew anything or had experience mixing wrasses.

kopczynski

the red line wrasse is a completly different species not related to the four line. It is almost guaranteed that two wrasses with the genus Pseudocheilinus will kill each other. the red line belongs to the Halichoeres genus. would they still fight?

jay0705

If u have multiple tanks that u can move one too, try it. But it has too many variables to say for sure