Wrasse Corbis Reef Safe?

I was sold a juvenile red corbis wrasse today for my 46 bow front reef tank. I was told that he would be reef safe.
I have 80 lbs of live rock with 60 lbs of argonite sand.
I presently don't have any coral since the tank is still less than 6 months old.
My question is I purchased a six-line a few weeks ago.
I don't know that much about mixing wrasses.
I noticed the six-line was picking on it at the beginning.
Next thing I knew I can't locate the red corbis juvenile.
Could he be hiding in the rocks? Or I heard they bury themselves in the sand. I hate to remove most of the rocks looking for him.
I don't see him on the floor or in the protein skimmer box inside the tank with my bak pak.
Please give me some information on this wrasse. I have two cleaner shrimps and some turbo snails in the tank.
I don't want him to eat the inverts. If he is still alive.
If I don't see him in a couple of days I will have to take most of the live rock and see if he is dead.
Please give me information on this wrasse and its temperment.
Thanks.
:(

bdhough

Well
The coris is reef safe in the sense it won't eat corals. It will eat shrimp and not sure about snails and hermits. Sixlines are completely (usually) reef safe in the sense they don't eat shrimp sometimes and don't eat corals.
As far as mixing wrasses in a small tank. That is a no no. I would try and return the coris or the get rid of the six line

bdhough

btw wrasses do bury themselves or will hide in tiny caves in the rock. They sometimes build spit bubbles when they sleep if you ever see your sixline surrounded in something

Thanks for the feedback.
If I find the corbis he will go back to the store.
I have invested too much in my inverts to have them eaten.
I also have a brittle star.
Will look for him tomorrow when the lights are back on.
Hopefully he won't eat my two cleaner shrimps.
I really like them.
Out he goes as soon as I find him.
The six-line was first. I wish the aquarium store hadn't told me that he would be all right with the six-line and the shrimp.
Oh well I guess they just wanted to make a sale.
Lot of headaches trying to find and remove him with all of that rock.:(

bdhough

Keep in mind as well. That the coris will one day get more than a foot long and will rearrange sand with his burrowings.

That is another reason to take him back to the store.
Guess I should of read up on him first before I purchased him at the aquarium store. I thought they would know more about the wrasse than me.
It helps to read up before you purchase. It could be a big foot long mistake later!!:rolleyes:

bdhough

Well its a pretty wrasse as a juvenlie and will change color like an angel when he gets older. But foot long wrasses are terrors sometimes. Big mean and aggressive. Stick to the sixline. Heck 6 inch wrasses are aggressive let alone 12. Get Scott Michaels book Marine Fishes. Lists most major fish sold in stores and their needs. And when buying stuff from live fish stores never assume they tell you everything. Hell i work at one and always forget stuff after the fact.

I have another question how can you tell if he is in the sand without messing up the sandbed?
I know the six-line is out and swimming.
What about the corbis wrasse?:eek:

rickster

Originally posted by Saltwatergal
. I wish the aquarium store hadn't told me that he would be all right with the six-line and the shrimp.
Oh well I guess they just wanted to make a sale.
Lot of headaches trying to find and remove him with all of that rock.:(

Be careful not to throw the baby out with the bathwater here. I recently had to remove ALL....no let me repeat...ALL of my rock to get to the "safe" red-tailed pseudo away from my 4-line wrasse and a couple of others. The point being: Welcome to life...things are predictable but not guaranteed. Do not blame the LFS, they want the success of your tank as much as you do.

bdhough

You can't really. Look for a small mound. You have so much sand and rock he could be hiding anywhere. You'll just have to keep your eye out. Sometimes his fins will stick out a little. Wrasses "go to bed" once they learn the light cycle. Alot of fish will do that if you set a timer for your lights. You may have to search for him. Better to do it now rather than later :)

bdhough

Try as best as you can to keep an eye on your shrimp. They may be ok since the coris is juvenile but you never know.