wrasse fish

ophiura

What type? What are your tank dimensions, live rock, inhabitants?
In general, I would err on the side of caution and say no, but it does depend on the type and the tank.

dogstar

Wrasse fish, 60 genera and six hundred plus species...some you can, some you can't.
for the hijacker, generaly, as long as only one fairy is a male, best to have with a few females...a fairy and Y coris, generaly yes.

srfisher17

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Wrasse fish, 60 genera and six hundred plus species...some you can, some you can't.
for the hijacker, generaly, as long as only one fairy is a male, best to have with a few females...a fairy and Y coris, generaly yes.
Right; this is a huge group of fish, even includes hogfish, tusk fish, etc. I'd think two wrasse of completely different shapes are fine--assuming they have enough room. I have a harlequin tusk & a Scott's Fairy wrasse together and they're fine. (They're both the Australian variety). No real rule on this, IMO, depends a lot on the individual fish.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by 95Harley
Would a Tusk and another wrasse be ok in a large tank...say 240g.
A Lunar, Coris, or Bird?
I'm planning on putting a tusk in with my lunar in a 180, so I hope it is ok.

racerw

I have a 210 w/a male rhomboid, male lineatus, six line, melanurus, radiant wrasse, solorensis wrasse and 2 labouti wrasses and I have no problems at all.

95harley

As of last night I had a 7" Aust Tusk established in my 240g and added a 7" Green Bird Wrasse and they have paid each other no attention.
So it CAN be done. But I would not have tried this with a Lunar aka Lunatic Wrasse.

I have a green coris wrasse and a yellow corris wrasse in the same 72 gallon tank and they seem to get along fine. The green one is about twice the size of the yellow.