Wrasse???

stacyt

There are several that do well in a reef tank. I think the safest best as far as temperment and color is the Fairy Wrasse's.

wrassecal

Fairy wrasses are notorious jumpers so beware! I had a beautiful Scotts that took about 48 hours to figure out a way to jump through the egg crate covering I had put on just so that wouldn't happen.:( I've had my sixline for about a year and a half and I just love it.

g13

I have a six line, cool swimming fish. Can't add any more fish to the tank though because he tears them apart. Tried twice a true percula and a blenny had to take them both back to the lfs. If you are to add a 6 line make sure he's the last 1 you put in. Of course 6 lines maynot be as aggressive as mine is.

toytek

I have heard that you put a tang in last.
Should you put the tang in before him???
This will be my last fish.
When, I up grade,will I be able to have a tang??
toytek

lesleybird

Originally posted by G13
I have a six line, cool swimming fish. Can't add any more fish to the tank though because he tears them apart. Tried twice a true percula and a blenny had to take them both back to the lfs. If you are to add a 6 line make sure he's the last 1 you put in. Of course 6 lines maynot be as aggressive as mine is.

My sixline is not aggressive, and my fairy wrasse doesn't jump....Guess there are exceptions to everything. Lesley

dattong

every fish seems to be aggressive once it's established its own territory. Big fish will fight smaller one. Different fish has different aggressiveness level. But if the newly introduced fish can stand for a week then the whole comunity most likely will accept it as a new member in the neighborhood.

wrassecal

Lesley you must be a fish whisperer, at least with the wrasses:) You have a sixline and a fairy wrasse in together? Were they introduced around the same time? I never saw it but, I kind of suspect my sixline of harrassing the Scotts. The sixline, I've had for about a year and a half, has always been very friendly to everyone except the royal gramma and that was just when he strayed into it's territory and they would face off and posture before going about their business. I introduced a mandarin a couple months ago and I thought my sixline was going to stress the thing to death. He chased it up to a corner and kept it corraled there for days.
Toytek - a tang and a sixline wrasse shouldn't have any problem with each other. Most community fish tend to be aggressive to other fish they find similar to themselves. There are always exceptions to the rule. ( Although, my sixline must be delusional if he thinks he looks like a mandarin:rolleyes: ) I think fish compatablilty charts are helpful. A good book or I've even seen them online.

broomer5

I don't know which wrasse is best for a reef tank.
I do like my sixline a lot though, and it has not bothered anything else in the tank :)

toytek

Could not get a sixline, they had a 4 line.
I know nothing about them.
SOOOO,
I got a bar goby, well it is very pretty, have had
it for 2 days and the only time I see it is when it eats,
after everyone has eat.
I hope it will get out more.We will see.
Thanks for all the help.
toytek
www.toytekent.com